Interested in becoming a presenter at the 2024 Western District Annual Meeting?
The ITE 2024 Western District Annual Meeting will be held June 23-26, 2024 at the Sheraton Grand Sacramento Hotel in the heart of downtown Sacramento. The technical program will include approximately eight Technical Session periods consisting of three sessions/tracks and up to four presentations/panelists in each session. The program may also include a technical poster session and roundtable discussions. These sessions will be supplemented by technical tours highlighting transportation projects in the Sacramento area.
The transportation industry continues to go through a transformative period that involves many challenges as well as opportunities, including sustainable and resilient transportation infrastructure, connected and autonomous vehicles, active transportation infrastructure and programs, Vision Zero safety initiatives and projects, traffic operations, and continuing deterioration of existing transportation infrastructure. The 2024 Local Arrangement Committee is seeking papers that address these issues and ideas that demonstrate innovative, cost effective, and equitable solutions. We hope that you will take this opportunity to share your research and case studies with other professionals on the challenges we all face.
Abstracts are encouraged in the following general topic areas. Other topic areas of interest to our membership are welcome as well.
- Active Transportation
- Adapting Infrastructure to Environmental Change
- Connected and Autonomous Vehicles/Electromobility
- Context Sensitive Solutions and Complete Streets
- Corridor and Network Operations
- Human Factors in Transportation
- Micro-Mobility/Shared Economy (Car-sharing, Bike-sharing and Scooter-sharing)
- Parking Policies, Design and Operations
- Performance-Based Planning
- Traffic System Performance Measures and ITS
- Transportation/Technical Solutions (Case Studies)
- Travel Demand Management
- Vision Zero / Safety Analysis
- Other Topics
Abstracts must include the following elements:
- Title of the abstract
- Lead author and presenter and their contact information (name, title, organization, telephone number, and e-mail address)
- Abstract text (maximum 250 words)
General guidelines for submitting an abstract:
- If an abstract is being written by multiple authors, a lead author and presenter must be designated. The lead presenter is expected to make presentations at the Annual Meeting. Only one presenter per abstract will be allowed.
- Presenters are required to register for the conference and provide a copyright release prior to presenting.
- Abstracts must be submitted through the form on this page.
If your abstract is selected for presentation, you are strongly encouraged to write and submit a paper. Submitted papers will be eligible for special awards. There are three awards given for student and professional papers:
- Best Annual Meeting Paper Award – Recognizes the author(s) for the best paper presented at the Annual Meeting.
- Best Annual Meeting Paper Award by a Young Professional – Recognizes the author(s) for the best paper presented at the Annual Meeting by a Young Professional (35 years old or younger).
- Student Paper Award – The award recognizes outstanding accomplishment in preparing independent and original research/investigation of transportation engineering subjects. The winner of the student paper award will get $500 and a free registration to the conference where they will present their paper in a technical session. The paper will be submitted by the District for the ITE International Student Paper Award.
More information about the awards and a list of previous winners can be found at https://westernite.org/western-district-awards/. Detailed requirements for paper submittals and presentations will be provided to authors once the program is compiled, abstracts are selected, and presenters have accepted.
The schedule for submittal and selection of abstracts, notification to the authors, and paper deadlines are as follows:
December 22, 2023: Abstracts Due by 5:00 PM Pacific Standard Time
February 23, 2024: Abstracts Selected and Authors Notified
March 1, 2024: Student Paper Award Submittal Deadline
April 1, 2024: Professional Paper Award Submittal Deadline
May 1, 2024: Paper Submittal Deadline for Conference Compendium
If you would like to present, start by submitting a proposal at the following link: https://www.westernite.org/annualmeeting/call-for-papers/#form