The IBOD took several actions:
- The Northeast District provided the IBOD with proposed bylaws for three new Sections – Northern New England, Connecticut, and Southeastern New England – which were approved.
- The IBOD approved 138 new student chapter charters. Board members identified student chapters that were not rechartered that will be targeted for restart efforts.
- The IBOD approved a draft 2023 budget with a final budget to be approved at its next meeting in January. As part of this budget ITE HQ will process PDHs for all Districts and Section meetings for free.
- The 2023 Strategic Plan implementation plan was developed.
The Board received updates on key initiatives:
- The IBOD received an update on the Student-to-Younger Member initiative. Next steps are to develop a student resource center and revamp awards for student advisors and liaisons.
- The IBOD was briefed on preparations for a 2023 initiative to attract and engage more transportation planners in ITE. A transportation planner professional membership drive with one year of free membership will start in November 2022.
Several new committees and task forces were established.
- A standing student committee will be established to continue the work of the Student to Younger Member initiative. Andrew Velasquez will serve as chair.
- A new Strategic Plan for 2024-2026 will be developed in 2023. Alyssa Rodriguez will chair the committee.
- A new Student Engagement at Meetings Committee and Traffic Bowl Reimagined Task Force were created. Mark Spencer of the Western District will chair the Committee. Scott Walker of the Southern District will chair the Task Force.
Other significant updates included:
- Through September revenues and expenses are tracking well with the adopted budget.
- ITE membership renewals for 2022 were strong with many new public agencies joining ITE. Our membership will exceed 16,500.
- The Call for Abstracts for the 2022 ITE Annual Meeting and Exhibits is open and closes on November 29.
- Two new Recommended Practices on Multi-modal Transportation Impact Analysis and Speed Humps are expected to be finalized by the end of the year.
- An all-member survey will be conducted in early 2023. It will be informed by a series of volunteer leader focus groups to be held in November.