By Edgar Perez
Or, Happy Holidays and Season’s Greetings, to be politically correct. This is a message to wish all of you the most wonderful, magnificent and joyous time. May this time be filled with peace and happiness in the company of your loved ones. May you share the love that you have by doing an act of kindness towards another person, give a warm smile, lend a helping hand, speak with kind words, or leave a generous tip. May you enjoy a stress free time without having to worry about financial matters, health issues, deadlines or other things that would otherwise occupy your mind. May you have the ability to put time aside and just enjoy the company of family and friends.
Before you get too busy enjoying the season, here are some quick Announcements and Reminders:
- Mid-year meeting. Please contact me if you need additional information on the Mid-year meeting to take place on February 4th in San Diego. Reports are due to me on January 17th.
- Host for the 2016 Annual Meeting. California Section Presidents, if you have not done so already, please contact me to let me know if your Section or Chapter is interested in hosting the 2016 Annual Meeting.
- Annual Meeting in Anchorage, Alaska, July 10-13. The time to make last minute reservations will be here before you know it. So book your room early at the Hilton Anchorage, http://www1.hilton.com/en_US/hi/hotel/ANCAHHF-Hilton-Anchorage-Alaska/index.do using code “ITE”. Alaska is a high season destination in July and booking early will prevent problems.
- Western District Student Raffle. Help your local Student Chapter(s) by donating items to be raffled off in Alaska. Proceeds will go towards the Student Endowment Fund. A letter will go out to Student Chapter Presidents, Section Presidents and Faculty Advisors with more information.
- ITE International 80th Anniversary Fund. I’ve been informed that the Sections of our District have yet to contribute to this fund. This is a reminder to please contribute. To date ITE has received $122,838 in contributions with another $14,850 pledged for a total of $137,688. With your help we can close 2010 with $150,000. To reach this target we need to realize all of the funds pledged and receive $13,312 in additional contributions.
I will be seeing some of you in February and hopefully all of you in July, 2011 in Anchorage, Alaska. Until then, enjoy a Happy Christmas and a Prosperous New Year!