As an eventful year for the Western District comes to an end, I’d like to highlight a few things from 2018:
- The Western District Student Leadership Summit (SLS) was held at Oregon State with over 125 students in attendance
- We held a successful joint Annual Meeting with the Texas District in beautiful Keystone, Colorado
- We had the opportunity to recognize District members and their contributions to ITE:
- Lou Davenport, Young Professional Achievement Award winner
- Justin Link, Individual Achievement Award winner
- Rock Miller, Lifetime Achievement Award winner
- The following District initiatives moved forward:
- Bringing on a website consultant for support services
- Creating a promotional video for ITE
- Bringing on a social media consultant to help us communicate better with our members
- Significant efforts of the Western District OneITE Task Force in working through District transitions
We’ve got a lot to look forward to in 2019 including the SLS hosted by UC Berkeley (Jan 25th – 27th) and the Annual Meeting held in Monterey on June 23rd to 27th. There is also a lot of work and changes ahead for us in 2019. The Western District Board will continue to work towards restructuring the Western District for a successful transition to two Districts. Our Midyear Board Meeting will be held in January and I will provide an update from that meeting in the February E-News.
Thank you to our wonderful volunteers for all the time and effort you’ve put in for the Western District. I am looking forward to seeing many of you at the Midyear Board meeting.
Wishing all our members and your loved ones a very happy holiday season!
President, ITE Western District