Everyone knows how to set speed limits, use the MUTCD, plan for a speed hump and design signs – right? Well things are changing and fast. With the completion of NCHRP 17-76 , work underway with the MUTCD NPA and ITE’s Speed Hump guide refresh on the horizon, as ITE members you might want to peek in on the work behind the scenes to change/update these everyday. Our goal with this webinar series is to provide opportunities for ITE members to learn about new developments, understand multiple perspectives, and leave with applicable insights to help you with your work in the future as the change rolls out. The Western District presents an ITE Joint Sections five-part technical series hosted by the San Diego Section starting October 13th. Each session in this series will focus on a current technical topic with each session conveniently scheduled over lunch time (noon to 1:00 PM Pacific). Registration is open to all ITE members for free (small registration fee for non-ITE members).
- October 13 Session 1: MUTCD Update – Part 1
- October 20 Session 2: Guidance for the Setting of Speed Limits
- October 27 Session 3: ITE Speed Humps Recommended Practice Update
- November 3 Session 4: CMS, DMS, VMS and Automated Vehicles
- November 10 Session 5: MUTCD Update – Part 2