MiteY Race 2020
Virtual MiteY Race
Saturday, June 27, 2020
Presented in conjunction with the
2020 Joint Western and Mountain Districts Annual Meeting
as a fundraiser for the Richard T. Romer Student Endowment Fund
Since the Annual Meeting is now a virtual meeting, we’ve also adapted our traditional MiteY Race event to a virtual event. We recently tested this approach with our MiteY Race Stay Home Edition and it worked wonderfully for teams that couldn’t all be in the same place. Our pit stops are designed to be completed in a home or office environment. So have fun while supporting student initiatives!
General Race Information
Teams will be divided into the following two categories:
- Registration for the MiteY Race is on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Registrations must be received by June 24th.
- The entry fee is $20 per team and racers will not have any additional expenses during the race. The entry fee is non-refundable should you choose not to participate on race day. However, you are allowed to transfer your entry to another ITE participant. Each registration fee donated to the SEF will be matched by a $40 donation from our District officers. Your participation could raise $60 for student funding!
- Team members must be at least 18 years of age with the exception of a teammate in the Family/Friends Category where at least one teammate must be 18 years old.
- Each team must assign a team leader. All race correspondence and material will only be provided to the team leader.
- The marshals reserve the right to disqualify or deduct points from any team that breaks a rule. The penalty will depend upon the severity of the infraction.
- To participate, each team must have access to the internet and an email address that can be used for correspondence during the race. Please be aware that clues and tasks will be distributed to teams through email.
- A maximum time limit of two (2) hours has been set for the race. Teams that are unable to complete the race within this time limit will be contacted by the committee and instructed to proceed immediately to the finish line.
- Awards will be given to the first three teams in each category and will be presented at the completion of the race.
- Read the Waiver and Release from Liability form. The registration form will ask if you have read and agree with this form. Your do not need to submit the actual form.
Registrations for the race must be received by June 24th. You will receive an email once your online application is submitted confirming that a spot is being held for your team.
- Submit your payment for your team’s entry fee online with a credit card or Paypal account. All teams must pay the entry fee through this method in order to participate. The entry fee is per team regardless of the number of team members.
- Email your team photograph to firstname.lastname@example.org with your team name in the subject line. All teams are encouraged to submit a team photograph.
We consider a team’s application “complete” when we have received all of the above items. Teams will be notified via email when their registration for the race is confirmed.