MiteY Race 2017 – International Edition
“On Thin Ice”
Tuesday, August 1, 2017
Presented in conjunction with the 2017 Joint ITE/CITE International Annual Meeting
The MiteY Race is modeled after the hit television series “The Amazing Race” in which teams of two people raced around the world in competition with other teams. In our ITE version of this program, teams follow clues to “Pit Stops” where they must complete challenging but fun tasks. To date, the Western District has hosted seven MiteY Race events at Western District Annual Meetings and last year we introduced our event to the rest of the Districts at the International Annual Meeting in Anaheim. The inaugural MiteY Race International Edition event was such a hit that we have been invited to bring an additional installment of the race to Toronto. Past races have had teams racing around popular San Francisco landmarks, solving a jewel heist in Phoenix, and experiencing new locales like “Sin City.” This year, the Western District will be hosting its eighth District MiteY Race in San Diego themed “MR:8 Mission (Bay) Impossible.”
In keeping with the this year’s theme of risk and intrigue, the 2nd edition of the MiteY Race International Edition is themed “On Thin Ice.” Teams will race through a number of “pit stops” located around the Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel with the first team to cross the finish line declared the winner. The Western District is proud to share one of the events that has become a tradition for us and hope you find it as fun and exciting as we have!
We want this event to be fun and fair for all teams. Please remember this is a competitive event, but safety comes first. Please use good judgment and common sense. We want everyone to arrive at the finish line safely!
General Race Information
Teams will be divided into the following two categories:
- Registration for the MiteY Race is on a first-come-first-served basis. There will be a limit of 30 teams for this edition of the MiteY Race.
- There is no entry fee for the race and racers will not have any additional expenses during the race.
- Team members must be at least 18 years of age with the exception of a teammate in the Family/Friends Category where at least one teammate must be 18 years old.
- Team members must stay together at all times. Any team which is found out to have split up will be disqualified.
- Participants will not be able to proceed through the checkpoints until both team members have reached the checkpoint location.
- Teams will only be allowed to travel by foot.
- Each team must assign a team leader. All race correspondence and material will only be provided to the team leader.
- Participants will be provided with MiteY Race wristband that they MUST wear at all times (to be given out on race day).
- Participants will only use the material provided on the day of the race. Money, including debit cards and credit cards are prohibited.
- You should not steal, coerce, or break any laws in order to complete your tasks.
- All participants must be in good physical and mental health.
- The above rules must be adhered to by all teams and team members. The marshals reserve the right to disqualify or deduct points from any team that breaks a rule. The penalty will depend upon the severity of the infraction.
- Each team must carry at least one (1) cell phone during the race.
- A maximum time limit of one(1) hour has been set for the race. Teams that are unable to complete the race within this time limit should proceed immediately to the finish line.
- The MiteY Race Committee has designed all aspects of the race with your safety in mind and our wonderful MiteY Race marshals will be available throughout the race course for any assistance. You do not need to be a super athlete to compete but please keep in mind that some of the tasks can be physically challenging. Also, challenges may be present that will push you beyond your comfort zone. It will push you to try new things and will be truly exhilarating for all participants.
- Read the Acknowledgement, Waiver, and Release from Liability form. The registration form will ask if you have read and agree with this form. Your do not need to submit the actual form.
Teams should submit their MiteY Race application as soon as possible to reserve a spot in the race. You will receive an email once your online application is submitted confirming that a spot is being held for your team.
Make sure to like us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/TheMiteYRace) to keep apprised of race updates and photo hints!