Transportation Project of the Year
The Transportation Project of the Year award was established in 2020 to compliment ITE International’s Transportation Achievement Awards. Projects submitted to the District in the following categories will be reviewed by a panel of judges with one (1) project selected for each category:
- Complete Streets
- Transportation Systems Management and Operations (TSMO)
- Traffic Engineering
The projects selected by the panel will be submitted to ITE International for their Transportation Achievement Awards. In addition, one of the five selected projects will be awarded the Western District’s Transportation Project of the Year award.
Submission and judging criteria can be found here. The 2019 submissions that were submitted to ITE International on behalf of the Western District are provided here for reference:
- Complete Streets – Escondido Creek Bikeway Missing Link Project (City of Escondido) *International Award Winner
- TSMO – Transit Signal Priority in Software (City of Arcadia)
- Safety – Exclusive Pedestrian Crossing Cycle by Time of Day (City of Santa Clarita)
- Planning – 9th Street Closure (Port of Long Beach)
- Traffic Engineering – Give Me Green (City of Santa Clarita)
* International Award Winner
Deadline: Nominations for the Transportation Achievement Award should be submitted to the Western District Past President via email by March 1.