The Western District will hold its Annual Meeting at the beautiful waterfront Hilton San Diego Resort in San Diego from Saturday, June 17th to Wednesday, June 21st. The Local Arrangements Committee has been busy planning a great meeting with fun activities as well as an interesting and informative technical program with something for everyone. Please visit www.SanDiegoITE2017.com for more information and to keep updated with the latest news about the conference.
The hotel has guaranteed our meeting attendees a room rate that is a discounted $229.00 per night including resort fees!! This great rate will be honored three days before and three days after the conference so bring your family and take advantage of all that the hotel and San Diego have to offer!
Use the following link and Group Rate Code “ITE617”.
There are also a few government rate rooms as well and you can use the following link and Group Rate Code “ITE67G”.
The final Technical Program is currently being developed and will include topics related to ITS and Technology, Multimodal Transportation, Safety, Transportation Planning, and Complete Streets and Sustainable Transportation. We will also have sessions for students and young professionals. We have an additional workshop on California SB 743 planned for Wednesday afternoon so feel free to extend your stay to take advantage of hearing the latest and greatest on implementation of this important legislation.
Registration is open Early Registration ends April 28th so take advantage of the reduced registration rates. Please visit www.SanDiegoITE2017.com to register for the meeting!
In addition to our great technical sessions, we have the following events:
- Saturday June 17th: ITE San Diego Section Summer BBQ – This event is sponsored by the local section of ITE and is a family friendly BBQ with activities and good food at the nearby Mission Bay Park adjacent to the hotel, 11am – 2:30pm
- Saturday June 17th: MiteY Race, 4pm-6pm
- Sunday June 18th: Student Competition. California Cruisin’ Get Acquainted Social 5pm – 7:30pm.
- Monday June 19th: Kickoff speakers (TBD), Student Traffic Bowl, “Make a Splash” Family Night at the hotel pool with entertainment, activities and games and family friendly movie under the stars, 6pm – 9:30pm
- Tuesday June 20th: San Diego Bicycle System Technical Tour, Caltrans TMC and MTS OCC Technical Tour, Traffic Bowl Competition, “Set Sail” Awards Banquet 7pm – 10:30pm
- Wednesday June 21st: Rapid Bus/I-15 Managed Lanes/ICM Technical Tour, Western States Luncheon, SB743 Workshop
We have exhibit space and sponsorship opportunities! We have opened reservations of the exhibit spaces and we will sell out quickly so please go to the website to get more information. We also have numerous sponsorship opportunities available to help offset the conference costs and get your company recognized all over the Western District! More information on the website.
A big thanks to Iteris for becoming a Platinum Sponsor, Michael Baker for becoming a lanyard/badge sponsor and Intelight for becoming a Gold Sponsor!!
We are looking forward to a great meeting filled with fun activities, interesting technical tours, a technical program filled with new and innovative topics as well as a gathering of a diverse group of professionals to share experiences and technical knowledge…while enjoying beautiful San Diego!!