Greetings from the Intermountain Section! Our Section is comprised of Idaho, Montana, Nevada, and Utah – with each having their own ITE Chapter. We’re also proud to have eight student chapters in our Section. We meet each May as a Section in Jackson, Wyoming – which has been lauded as one of the best ITE meetings in the Institute (if you don’t believe me, come and see for yourself!).
Annually, we award $5,000 in student scholarships, and in 2014 and 2016, our Section was recognized for the Highest Overall Contribution to the Richard T. Romer Student Endowment Fund.
We are proud of our leadership heritage and to be the home Section of multiple past ITE International Presidents, the current ITE Vice President (Michael Sanderson), and one of this year’s candidates for International Vice President (Ken Ackeret). Numerous Western District Presidents and board members have called the Intermountain Section home.
Come visit our Section and see some of the greatest natural sites in the world, including:
- Glacier, Yellowstone, Arches, Bryce Canyon, Zion, Canyonlands, and Capitol Reef National Parks
- Beautiful Lake Tahoe
- The Glitz and Glamour of Las Vegas
- Historic Salt Lake City (Greatest Snow on Earth!)
- Wide-open spaces and impressive mountains
- 14 National Scenic Byways and 5 All-American Roads
Each year, the Intermountain Section sends dozens of professionals to the Western District Meeting, and last year, we had 11 professionals and students on the program. We expect this year to be no different and hope to see you in San Diego in June.
Three things people may not know about the Intermountain Section:
- Our Annual Meeting is held outside of our Section
- You have to come to Jackson as an ITE candidate to win
- In the US, first modern roundabout (NV), second DDI (UT), and longest single-span concrete arch bridge (NV)
And remember, you’re always welcome to join us in Jackson in May!
Devin Moore, P.E., PTOE
Intermountain Section President