ITE WESTERN DISTRICT
Engineering Career Opportunities
Updated: December 18, 2014
Click on the links below to see a full description and learn how to apply!
- Transportation Engineer II – Arizona Department of Transportation (ADOT) – Phoenix, AZ
- Assistant Engineer – City of Riverside – Riverside, CA
- Practice Leader – Active Transportation – DKS Associates – California, Oregon or Washington
- Transportation Engineer/Planner – Kimley-Horn – San Jose, CA
- Traffic Systems Operational Specialist – City of Carlsbad – Carlsbad, CA
- Transportation Engineer I – DOWL HKM – Billings and Helena, MT
- Associate Traffic Engineer – Marion County – Salem, OR
- Senior Engineering Technician – City of Redmond – Redmond, WA
- Entry Level Engineer/Planner – Fehr & Peers – Seattle, WA
- Traffic Engineering Manager – RBF Consulting – Irvine, CA
- Transportation Design Engineer – Atkins – Denver, CO
- Sr. Intelligent Transportation Systems/Traffic Engineer – Atkins – Denver, CO
Looking for a Career?
Come Join Our ADOT Team
STRATEGIC HIGHWAY SAFETY PLAN MANAGER (Transportation Engineer 2)
(JOB ID 12721)
1615 W. Jackson St. Phoenix, Arizona
NOTE: For more detailed information and to apply online, go to Arizona’s State Jobs website www.azstatejobs.gov
SALARY: $5,349.00 – $6,502.00 Monthly
CLOSING DATE: 01/11/15 11:59 PM
The salary that is posted for this recruitment is for any applicant deemed a new member under the Public Employee Pension Reform Act of 2013. For all others, please reference the City’s salary schedule.
Under general supervision, to perform supervisory and/or professional municipal engineering work in the design, investigation and construction of public works improvement projects; and to do related work as required. As incumbents progress through this job series, projects become considerably more technically demanding and may involve direct supervisory responsibilities and duties.
A Bachelor’s degree in civil or mechanical engineering from an accredited college or university, or a Bachelor’s degree in a closely related area from an accredited college or university and one year of experience performing professional engineering work.
Necessary Special Requirement
Possession of an appropriate, valid class “C” California Motor Vehicle Operator’s License.
The City of Riverside does not reimburse any expenses incurred as a result of this recruitment.
ALL INTERESTED APPLICANTS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY AT: www.riversideca.gov/jobs
With eight offices across the U.S., DKS Associates is a growing, employee-owned transportation planning and engineering consulting firm.
We are seeking an experienced individual with the expertise to expand our legacy of active transportation planning and engineering. The ideal candidate will be an expert in non-motorized transportation (cycling, pedestrian, trail, complete streets and multi-modal/multi-use) with a passion to lead the field.
We provide professional growth potential and the opportunity to work on challenging, cutting-edge traffic operations and transportation planning projects. You will be rewarded with a generous compensation package that includes competitive salary, annual bonus program, profit sharing/401(k) plan, and ESOP participation. Our excellent comprehensive benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, life and disability plans.
- Develop and expand client and partner relationships to secure active transportation project revenue in support our Strategic Plan.
- Collaborate across geographic/discipline boundaries to meet clients’ needs.
- Enhance DKS’ position in the marketplace as the consultant of choice by educating clients and creating innovative solutions that meet their operational needs.
- Manage complex projects to completion on time, on budget.
- Degree in Civil Engineering or Planning, Master’s desirable.
- Ten years of experience in consulting or agency environment in transportation engineering and/or planning with three plus years PM experience and three plus years managing staff.
- Professional licensing (PE, PTOE) or certification (AICP) as applicable to experience.
- Experience in the application of traffic engineering and/or transportation planning to active transportation.
- Demonstrated experience preparing design plans or studies and a strong understanding of project management principles and techniques.
- Initiative and ability to identify and capitalize on market opportunities.
- Experience writing and delivering white papers and/or making expert level presentations at professional conferences.
APPLY AT: www.dksassociates.com/careers
Kimley-Horn is Growing! Join one of Fortune’s “100 Best Companies to Work for in America!” We are one of the nation’s most comprehensive and best respected engineering and land planning firms. With over 2,000 employees in more than 60 offices across the country, we offer full services in a wide range of disciplines. Our office in San Jose, CA is seeking a motivated transportation professional to join our team! This individual will contribute to the production and delivery of transportation tasks and projects. Various tasks may include developing traffic impact studies, traffic control plans, signage and striping, and other traffic/transportation related duties.
- At least 4 years of transportation engineering experience
- Proficiency in Synchro, Vissim, Traffix, SketchUp, Sidra and GIS
- Technical skills in transportation planning
- Experience and confidence communicating and working with clients
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Outgoing, self-motivated team player
- Ability to work with and balance priorities among multiple projects and project managers, as well as providing direction to entry-level EITs
We offer excellent benefits, career growth opportunities and a dynamic, fun culture! Visit our website for more exciting information: http://www.kimley-horn.com/join-our-team
Contact Shawn Christian for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kimley-Horn is an Equal Opportunity Employer
SALARY: $67,727.66 – $88,600.20 Annually
CLOSING DATE: 01/09/15 12:00 PM
Under minimal supervision, the Traffic Systems Operations Specialist will operate and maintain the computerized traffic signal system; review and critique system software; install, configure and maintain devices related to traffic signal configurations, timing and connecting to a centralized Traffic Management Center; develop signal timing and response plans with computer based optimization. The Traffic Signal Operations Specialist works under the City Traffic Engineer for general direction and review of completed and in progress work. The City of Carlsbad contracts out the signal maintenance program. The Traffic Signal Operations Specialist will work closely with this contractor to support the traffic signal system.
Education & Experience:
Education: Bachelors of Science degree in engineering, computer science or related field; or Extensive education in electronic equipment and electrical technology with five years of professional experience with traffic communication systems. Journey level professional traffic systems engineering experience working with computerized traffic signal control systems, Ethernet over copper and wireless technologies.
License/Certification Required: – Valid California Driver’s License. – International Municipal Signal Association (IMSA) Level 1 certification within one year of appointment. IMSA Level II certification preferred For more information, visit our website at: http://www.carlsbadca.gov
Are you looking for a refreshing change in employment opportunities? Your search has ended! Join our expanding energetic team of professionals at DOWL HKM! We offer a competitive salary and generous benefit package. This is a full-time position to provide project management and transportation engineering assistance to the Transportation Engineering Department. Positions available in Billings and Helena, Montana. Minimum Baccalaureate degree from an ABET-accredited civil engineering program is required. MicroStation and AutoCad Civil 3D experience is highly desirable. Successful completion of the Fundamentals of Engineering exam is required. Must have a valid driver’s license and a good driving record. DOWL HKM is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. For a detailed job description and to apply for this position, see our company careers webpage at https://careers.dowlhkm.com.
Marion County Public Works, in Salem, OR seeks a Civil Engineering Associate 2 – Associate Traffic Engineer for its Traffic Engineering section. The successful candidate possesses a wide breadth of traffic engineering skills and experience in areas including traffic control plan review and design, traffic operations analysis, and application and management of traffic signals and other traffic control devices.
The Associate Traffic Engineer works under the direction of the Traffic Engineering Manager and functions as a lead worker for other positions in the traffic section. The successful candidate is highly motivated and detail-oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills. Other desired skills include proficiency in AutoCAD and traffic analysis software. Preference will be given to applicants with skills and work experience consistent with the duties of the position. The position requires a bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or closely related engineering field, a minimum of four years of engineering work experience, including a minimum of two years in the traffic engineering field, and certification as an Engineer-in-Training (EIT).
Wages: $27.01 – $36.20 / hr
Closing Date: December 15, 2014
For further information and to submit an online application, go to: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/marion/default.cfm
Please, do not submit resume in lieu of online application. Marion County is an equal opportunity employer.
Join Us At Fehr & Peers, we are a team of entrepreneurial individuals empowered to collaborate, innovate, and develop creative solutions that improve communities. We provide planning and engineering services associated with all modes of transportation. Our passion combined with our business strategy creates opportunities for personal and professional growth. We work hard, we play hard, and we invite you to explore our opportunities.
About the Role
Entry level engineer/planners analyze and solve complex transportation planning or engineering problems, using software effectively to make timely and informed recommendations. Engineer/planners must communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing. This role includes work on a variety of exciting projects including corridor studies, campus plans, transit plans, traffic operation simulations, traffic impact analyses, safety studies, and regional transportation plans. We are looking for a new team member ready to dive into a variety of projects and collaborate with the rest of our Seattle team.
Check out our full position posting at our website: http://www.fehrandpeers.com/careers-2/entry-level-engineerplanner-seattle-wa/
RBF Consulting, a Company of Michael Baker International, seeks a Traffic Engineering Manager (Project Manager III) to join our Traffic Engineering group in our Irvine, CA office. This leadership opportunity will accommodate continuing growth in Southern California and support the advancement of our ITS initiatives. The Traffic Engineering Manager will be responsible for managing and leading the Traffic Engineering staff in the Irvine, CA office and collaborating with traffic staff in other California offices. In this position, the successful candidate will also be responsible for providing leadership in proposal preparation, interviews, technical direction and mentoring of staff. The ideal candidate will have relevant experience in the planning, studies, analysis, design, and implementation of traffic related facilities for local government agencies, State DOTs, and private developers. In addition, the candidate should demonstrate strong experience in the area of planning, architecture, analysis, design and implementation of ITS solutions.
- B.S. in Civil Engineering or related field
- P.E. and T.E. license in the State of California
- PTOE certification a plus
- Minimum of 15 years of experience specific to traffic engineering and ITS
- Demonstrated supervisory and mentoring skills
- Experience in traffic engineering management and operations
- Strong presentation skills and proposal writing experience
- Strategic marketing skills to expand traffic engineering workload and revenue
- Knowledgeable on national traffic engineering initiatives
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Capability to work in a dynamic environment and conduct multi-tasking efforts is essential
Baker, founded in 1940, provides professional engineering and consulting services for its clients worldwide. With nearly 3,000 employees in over 100 U.S. offices, Engineering News-Record consistently ranks Baker in the top 8 percent of the 500 largest U.S. engineering design firms and in the top 25 of numerous individual markets. The firm’s primary business areas are architecture, aviation, defense, environmental, geospatial, homeland security, municipal & civil, oil & gas, rail & transit, telecommunications & utilities, transportation, urban development and water. Baker’s headquarters is located in Moon Township, Pennsylvania, near Pittsburgh. Baker recently became part of Michael Baker International, LLC, a leading provider of end-to-end engineering, development, intelligence and technology solutions with global reach and mobility. Baker offers excellent benefit packages that includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Additional Paid Time Off, Flex-Time, 401-K Retirement Plan, Tuition Reimbursement and Employee Credit Union.
To learn more, please visit us on the web at www.mbakercorp.com/careers.
Baker is an EEO/AAP (M/F/V/H) e-Verify Employer
To apply for this position, please log on to www.mbakercorp.com/careers and reference IRC47561. (Note: if you are unable to apply on line, please contact the Systems Administrator at BAKERHRMS@mbakercorp.com )
Atkins seeks an energetic, highly motivated, detail-oriented, self-starter to join our Denver, CO staff as Transportation Design Engineer. With guidance from Atkins’ senior technical professionals; you will apply technical professional proficiency to the investigation of engineering problems, the coordination of project activities, and the preparation of preliminary plans and documents. You will be involved in design/build assignments, progressing toward learning how to clearly convey the design intent through engineering drawings and specifications. Typical duties:
- Designs transportation infrastructure using 3D modeling software
- Reviews owner standards and details to ensure design compliance
- Designs and develops plans and drawings for preliminary and final deliverables
- Coordinates with other disciplines and the project team to resolve design issues
B.S. or M.S. in Civil Engineering. The typical incumbent has 3 to 5 years’ transportation design experience since Bachelor’s degree.
- I. or EIT required.
- Technical writing, computer and communications skills required.
- Experience with Microstation and Inroads required.
Working knowledge of Inroads Modeler functions and Roadway Designer strongly preferred. Colorado transportation market experience preferred.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please go to the link below and apply to job # US-001463: http://careers.atkinsglobal.com/Jobs/?sortdir=desc&q=us-001463&pagesize=10&sortby=Rank Drug free workplace. View Atkins EEO statement here: http://axis.na.atkinsglobal.com/na/aboutus/CorporateAdministration/Documents/EEO_Statement.pdf
Atkins seeks an energetic, highly motivated, detail-oriented, self-starter to join our Denver, CO staff as a Sr. Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS)/Traffic Engineer. Under direction, you will apply technical professional competency in Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) technology to the investigation of transportation planning, engineering and operational needs and problems, the coordination of ITS project activities, and the preparation of preliminary plans and documents. You will carry out job functions within small, project-oriented, multidisciplinary teams of ITS professionals and support direct interaction with clients within the context of project progress meetings, design reviews, and project production and delivery.
- S. or M.S. in Civil Engineering with a concentration on Transportation/Traffic/ITS.
- Incumbents typically have 6-10 years experience since B.S.
- P.E. license is required.
- Good technical writing, computer and communications skills required
- Synchro/SimTraffic required.
- Traffic operations required.
- Experience with the following are desirable but not required: VISSIM, HCS, FreeVal, DynusT, TransCAD.
- May be eligible to receive project management training.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please go to the link below and apply to job # US-001754: http://careers.atkinsglobal.com/Jobs/?sortdir=desc&q=us-001754&pagesize=10&sortby=Rank Atkins is a drug free workplace. Please view Atkins EEO statement here: http://axis.na.atkinsglobal.com/na/aboutus/CorporateAdministration/Documents/EEO_Statement.pdf