ITE WESTERN DISTRICT CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
Updated: October 28, 2014
Click on the links below to see a full description and learn how to apply!
- Traffic Engineering Manager – RBF Consulting – Irvine, CA
- Transportation Design Engineer – Atkins – Denver, CO
- Sr. Intelligent Transportation Systems/Traffic Engineer – Atkins – Denver, CO
- Mid to Senior Transportation Engineer/Planner – Associated Transportation Engineers – Santa Barbara, CA
- Associate Planner – San Joaquin County – Stockton, CA
- Associate Transportation Engineer – SFMTA – San Francisco, CA
- Project Engineer/Transportation – Sanderson Stewart – Billings, MT
- Associate Transportation Planner – City of Hayward – Hayward, CA
- Senior Analytics Consultant – Iteris – Berkeley, CA
RBF Consulting, a Company of Michael Baker International, seeks a Traffic Engineering Manager (Project Manager III) to join our Traffic Engineering group in our Irvine, CA office. This leadership opportunity will accommodate continuing growth in Southern California and support the advancement of our ITS initiatives.
The Traffic Engineering Manager will be responsible for managing and leading the Traffic Engineering staff in the Irvine, CA office and collaborating with traffic staff in other California offices. In this position, the successful candidate will also be responsible for providing leadership in proposal preparation, interviews, technical direction and mentoring of staff.
The ideal candidate will have relevant experience in the planning, studies, analysis, design, and implementation of traffic related facilities for local government agencies, State DOTs, and private developers. In addition, the candidate should demonstrate strong experience in the area of planning, architecture, analysis, design and implementation of ITS solutions.
- B.S. in Civil Engineering or related field
- P.E. and T.E. license in the State of California
- PTOE certification a plus
- Minimum of 15 years of experience specific to traffic engineering and ITS
- Demonstrated supervisory and mentoring skills
- Experience in traffic engineering management and operations
- Strong presentation skills and proposal writing experience
- Strategic marketing skills to expand traffic engineering workload and revenue
- Knowledgeable on national traffic engineering initiatives
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Capability to work in a dynamic environment and conduct multi-tasking efforts is essential
Baker, founded in 1940, provides professional engineering and consulting services for its clients worldwide. With nearly 3,000 employees in over 100 U.S. offices, Engineering News-Record consistently ranks Baker in the top 8 percent of the 500 largest U.S. engineering design firms and in the top 25 of numerous individual markets. The firm’s primary business areas are architecture, aviation, defense, environmental, geospatial, homeland security, municipal & civil, oil & gas, rail & transit, telecommunications & utilities, transportation, urban development and water. Baker’s headquarters is located in Moon Township, Pennsylvania, near Pittsburgh. Baker recently became part of Michael Baker International, LLC, a leading provider of end-to-end engineering, development, intelligence and technology solutions with global reach and mobility.
Baker offers excellent benefit packages that includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Additional Paid Time Off, Flex-Time, 401-K Retirement Plan, Tuition Reimbursement and Employee Credit Union. To learn more, please visit us on the web at www.mbakercorp.com/careers.
Baker is an EEO/AAP (M/F/V/H) e-Verify Employer
To apply for this position, please log on to www.mbakercorp.com/careers and reference IRC47561.
(Note: if you are unable to apply on line, please contact the Systems Administrator at BAKERHRMS@mbakercorp.com )
Atkins seeks an energetic, highly motivated, detail-oriented, self-starter to join our Denver, CO staff as Transportation Design Engineer. With guidance from Atkins’ senior technical professionals; you will apply technical professional proficiency to the investigation of engineering problems, the coordination of project activities, and the preparation of preliminary plans and documents. You will be involved in design/build assignments, progressing toward learning how to clearly convey the design intent through engineering drawings and specifications.
- Designs transportation infrastructure using 3D modeling software
- Reviews owner standards and details to ensure design compliance
- Designs and develops plans and drawings for preliminary and final deliverables
- Coordinates with other disciplines and the project team to resolve design issues
B.S. or M.S. in Civil Engineering. The typical incumbent has 3 to 5 years’ transportation design experience since Bachelor’s degree.
- I. or EIT required.
- Technical writing, computer and communications skills required.
- Experience with Microstation and Inroads required.
Working knowledge of Inroads Modeler functions and Roadway Designer strongly preferred. Colorado transportation market experience preferred.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please go to the link below and apply to job # US-001463:
Drug free workplace. View Atkins EEO statement here:
Atkins seeks an energetic, highly motivated, detail-oriented, self-starter to join our Denver, CO staff as a Sr. Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS)/Traffic Engineer. Under direction, you will apply technical professional competency in Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) technology to the investigation of transportation planning, engineering and operational needs and problems, the coordination of ITS project activities, and the preparation of preliminary plans and documents. You will carry out job functions within small, project-oriented, multidisciplinary teams of ITS professionals and support direct interaction with clients within the context of project progress meetings, design reviews, and project production and delivery.
- S. or M.S. in Civil Engineering with a concentration on Transportation/Traffic/ITS.
- Incumbents typically have 6-10 years experience since B.S.
- P.E. license is required.
- Good technical writing, computer and communications skills required
- Synchro/SimTraffic required.
- Traffic operations required.
- Experience with the following are desirable but not required: VISSIM, HCS, FreeVal, DynusT, TransCAD.
- May be eligible to receive project management training.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please go to the link below and apply to job # US-001754:
Atkins is a drug free workplace. Please view Atkins EEO statement here:
Associated Transportation Engineers (ATE) is a well-established Transportation Engineering and Transportation Planning firm located in Santa Barbara, California. We have been in the Tri-counties area for 36 years. ATE has an opening for a Team Leader with 3 to 5 years’ experience in traffic-related project design and planning.
- California Registered Civil Engineer
- 3 or more years of responsible charge in transportation engineering and transportation planning. Supervisory and training experiences are a plus.
- Experience in use of the Caltrans HDM, CAMUTCD and Caltrans format for plan preparation
- Comprehensive knowledge of AutoCad, and transportation operation software such as Synchro, HCS, Traffix, and roundabout analysis programs.
- Strong writing skills in both technical and non-technical styles.
Design: Team leader for traffic engineering design work, including traffic signal design, pavement delineation and roadside signs, traffic control, and roadway design.
Supervision and Training: Some moderate supervision and training of design team staff. May be involved in assisting ATE staff with traffic analysis software.
Report Writing: Must be able to prepare written reports summarizing results of engineering and/or traffic analyses. May be required to prepare graphics for reports as well.
Field Investigations: Will be required to perform field investigations for electrical equipment and pavement delineation and roadside sign inventories, as well as for geometric evaluations and radar speed surveys.
Proposal Preparation: Assists in the preparation of written proposals for engineering projects, including development of work scopes and cost estimates.
Public Presentations: May be required to present information at client meetings and/or public hearings.
Additional Qualifications Possession of valid California Class C Driver’s License required. Submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Final Filing Date: September 26, 2014
San Joaquin County Department of Public Works – Transportation Engineering Division is seeking a candidate who possesses experience in environmental compliance work. The Transportation Engineering Division is responsible for preparing transportation related specific and master plans; reviewing private development projects for conformance with Public Works standards and transportation infrastructure plans; commissioning traffic studies for applicable development projects; processing environmental compliances for County infrastructure projects; and conducting environmental review and planning coordination for outside agency transportation projects.
For a complete job description, please visit the San Joaquin County employment website at www.jobaps.com/sjq.
Experience: One year as an Assistant Planner in San Joaquin County service.
Education: Graduation from an accredited college or university with a major in urban or regional planning, environmental studies, architecture, architectural engineering, landscape architecture, geography, public administration, sociology, economics, ecology or a related field.
Experience: One year of professional experience in urban or regional planning.
Substitution: A Master’s Degree in urban or regional planning may substitute for the required experience.
How to Apply:
Completed application package including supplemental application must be submitted to the Human Resources Division by the final filing date: September 26, 2014
Apply Online Today: www.sjgov.org/hr
Or submit your application, supplemental and resume to:
San Joaquin County Human Resources
Attn: Marie Sneed
44 N. San Joaquin Street Suite 330
Stockton, CA 95202
All applications will be reviewed for qualifications. Qualified applicants may be invited to participate in an oral examination interview, with top scoring candidates being referred to the Public Works Department for the selection process.
Associate Transportation Engineer
The San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency is the transportation agency for the City and County of San Francisco. It uniquely combines all traffic engineering and transportation planning functions with the operation of the city’s public transit system. The San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency (SFMTA) employs more than 4,800 people in over 200 different job classifications. Currently, SFMTA’s Sustainable Streets Division has openings in the following transportation engineering positions:
CLASSIFICATION RECRUITMENT PERIOD
5207 Associate Transportation Engineer ($92,924 – $112,918/year) Sept 8th – 26th, 2014
In addition to the general requirements for the position, the successful candidate should demonstrate interest and experience in traffic/transportation planning, design and analysis, and project management. He or she should have excellent written and oral communication skills, knowledge of basic statistics, and strong computer skills. Elements of the work include supervision and coordination with external and internal stakeholders; conceptual design; evaluation of technical aspects of various transportation modes; and elements of project implementation. This position will collaborate with engineers and planners within their team, as well as others throughout the Sustainable Streets division. Projects involve a heavy emphasis on teamwork and consensus-building, as well as a broad understanding of how projects affect transit, accessibility, and traffic operations. Applications for City and County of San Francisco jobs are being accepted through an online process. Visit www.jobaps.com/sf to register an account (if you have not already done so) and begin the application process.
- Scroll down and select the “5207 Associate Transportation Engineer” job announcement
- Select “Click HERE to apply”
- Select either “I am a New User” if you have not previously registered, or “I have Registered Previously”
- Follow instructions on the screen and submit information requested
Join Sanderson Stewart, voted one of the nation’s Best Firms to Work For! We are looking for Cool, Smart, Talented People who are committed to bettering our communities. In particular, we are seeking a Civil/Transportation Engineer with a B.S. in Civil Engineering, with 3-5 yrs. experience in the design of transportation engineering projects, including PS&E development for DOT projects. Familiarity with MDT plans/procedures preferred.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
FIRST REVIEW OF APPLICANTS: SEPTEMBER 12, 2014
COMPENSATION: Monthly Salary: $7,046-$8,548
Under general direction from the Transportation Manager, the Associate Transportation Planner performs professional transportation planning work; utilizes sophisticated, computerized travel demand forecasting models; conducts advanced level transportation impact studies; prepares plans, studies and reports. The Associate Transportation Planner leads the Transportation Planning activities relating to multimodal transportation and associated projects, master plans, specific plans, policies, and programs; provides input and technical support to the Transportation Manager in reviewing regional studies such as Regional Transportation Plan-Sustainable Communities Strategy, Transit Plans, Community Based Transportation Plans, Countywide Bicycle and Pedestrian Master Plans. Responsibilities may include the direct and indirect supervision of lower level professional, technical and clerical staff.
Two (2) years of professional level experience in transportation planning or closely related field; equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Planning, Civil Engineering, Traffic Engineering, Business or Public Administration or a closely related field; and possession of a valid California driver’s license. Certification by the American Institute of Certified Planners is desirable. Candidates are encouraged to apply online at: www.hayward-ca.gov or www.calopps.org.
Iteris, Inc. is a transportation systems consultant company that helps public sector agencies to measure and improve the performance of their transportation systems. The company focuses on transportation data systems. It offers real-time analysis software, including a real-time data collection, diagnostics, fusion, and warehousing platform; freeway performance measurement system that computes, aggregates, and visualizes the performance of clients’ freeway systems; and arterial performance measurement system. The company also provides operational support software, which includes operational activity request management system and incident and activity management system. The Berkeley, CA office has an immediate job opening for a Senior Analytics Consultant to lead business development efforts, manage projects, and performing technical tasks on ITS projects related to performance measurement. The successful candidate will be comfortable with client interface, business development and leading efforts to win work, including preparation of technical proposals and presentations. Candidate should have experience managing projects successfully, including directing staff activities and meeting budgets.
- B.S. /B.A. Degree in Civil Engineering, Planning, or Computer Science
- 5-10 years direct experience in Traffic Operations and/or Intelligent Transportation Systems Project Management consulting
- 3-5 years’ experience with ITS Marketing and Business Development efforts
- At least 5 years’ experience within the Intelligent Transportation Systems, transit and traffic monitoring, or user information systems.
- Effective project management experience, including all aspects of process development and execution.
- Strong presentation, communication and negotiations skills
- Based anywhere in the United States.
- Travel is required for customer and sales department meetings, workshops and seminar
Please visit www.iteris.com and apply to Job 14-63 Senior Analytics Consultant or send confidential resumes to email@example.com. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We are also an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans. Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.