ITE WESTERN DISTRICT
Updated: March 5, 2014
Click HERE to learn about posting a career opportunity.
Click on the links below to see a full description and learn how to apply!
- Traffic Engineer – DKS Associates – Santa Ana and Sacramento, CA
- City Traffic Engineer – City of Riverside – Riverside, CA
- Traffic Engineering Administrator - City of Farmington – Farmington, NM
- Assistant/Associate Planner – Puget Sound Regional Council – Seattle, WA
- Senior Transportation Engineer (Limited Duration) – City of Redmond – Redmond, WA
- Traffic Engineering/Traffic Signal & Lighting Design Team Leader – Arizona DOT – Phoenix, AZ
- Transportation Engineering Associate – PTV Group – Portland, OR
- Project Manager II – RBF Consulting – Irvine, CA
- Civil Engineer II – RBF Consulting – Irvine, CA
- Traffic Engineer – Lee Engineering – Albuquerque, NM
- Professional Transportation Engineer – City of Tacoma – Tacoma, WA
- Senior Transportation Engineer – City of Tacoma – Tacoma, WA
- Traffic Engineer – KPG – Tacoma, WA
- Assistant Director of Transportation – City of San Antonio – San Antonio, TX
DKS Associates provides employees with professional growth through work on challenging, cutting-edge traffic operations and planning projects. We offer a generous compensation including competitive salary, annual bonus, 401(k) and participation our ESOP. DKS also offers excellent benefits with a choice of medical plans, dental, life and disability.
The successful candidate will perform technical engineering work, manage projects & lead a team of engineers on traffic operations studies, signal timing projects, transportation planning projects such as corridor studies, operational analysis studies, & traffic impact studies. You will develop and analyze traffic models; analyze traffic capacity; apply travel demand model theory; and create traffic simulations with VISSIM, Synchro and Vistro. You must have the ability, initiative and drive to pursue projects through proposal preparation, marketing for new projects & be comfortable in making client and interview presentations.
- BS in Civil Engineering or similar.
- 5-10 years in transportation engineering with analysis of arterial networks, signal timing and freeway corridors using simulation packages.
- Experience in the preparation of ITS, communications design, and traffic engineering PS&E packages for approvals.
- Knowledge of Highway Capacity Manual methodologies and Caltrans Project Development Procedures.
- Experience with client meetings, public meetings, proposals and project management
- Masters Degree specializing in transportation engineering
- P.E. in Civil and/or Traffic Engineering, P.T.O.E.
- Consulting and Business Development experience
Reply to: firstname.lastname@example.org
City of Riverside
City Traffic Engineer
SALARY: $8,057.00 – $11,901.00 Monthly
CLOSING DATE: 3/24/14 11:59 PM
Under general direction, to plan, assign, direct, participate and review the activities of the Traffic Engineering Division; to perform statutory duties of Traffic Engineer; to provide professional and technical staff assistance; and to do related work as required.
Education: Equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in civil, mechanical or electrical engineering, including or supplemented by special study in traffic engineering.
Experience: Five years of experience in traffic engineering including some supervisory experience.
Necessary Special Requirements:
- Possession of an appropriate, valid class “C” California Motor Vehicle Operator’s License.
- Possession of a Traffic Engineering License or Civil Engineering License issued by the State of California
Highly Desired Qualifications
- Experience with/knowledge of complete streets.
- Experience with and successful history of obtaining grants.
- Experience with traffic signal coordination, communication systems, and other intelligent transportation system strategies.
- Experience with parking management strategies and parking enforcement.
- Experience staffing a Council Appointed Advisory Board or Commission.
- Experience with creative solutions to traffic concerns.
Applications may be filed online at http://www.riversideca.gov/
The City of Farmington in Farmington, New Mexico is seeking a Traffic Engineering Administrator who will be responsible for the day-to-day operations, activities, and procedures with the City of Farmington’s Traffic Division. Farmington is located in the nation’s “Four Corners” region. Situated at the convergence of the San Juan, Animas, and La Plata Rivers, Farmington is the largest city in the Four Corners with a population of over 45,000.
The successful candidate must possess a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Transportation/Traffic or Civil Engineering. Registration as a Professional Engineer is required with the ability to become registered in the State of New Mexico within one year. Registration as a Professional Traffic Operations Engineer (PTOE) desired. Six years related experience and/or training in Transportation Engineering preferred. The pay range for this position falls within $62,700 – $95,574. Please visit our website at www.fmtn.org to learn more about our organization or visit www.cofjobs.com to find more information concerning this specific job opening. Applications will be accepted through March 4, 2014. For more information, call 505-599-1131 or email email@example.com.
The position will provide assistance and support of the strategy development of the update of the long range transportation plan, Transportation 2040. A qualified applicant for this position will have experience with utilizing transportation and socioeconomic data sets.
Please see our job announcement at www.psrc.org. PSRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this position, please visit our website at www.redmond.gov
This position will work closely with a team of professional and technical staff to manage transportation design projects, coordinate with outside agency improvements, and perform engineering plan review. For more information please visit our website at www.redmond.gov
To view complete job posting, visit our website at www.redmond.gov
Salary: $6,554 to $8,848 per month
Arizona Department of Transportation – ITD/Traffic Engineering Group
Traffic Engineering/Traffic Signal & Lighting Design Team Leader
(Transportation Engineer 2)
Work Location: 1615 W. Jackson St. Phoenix, AZ
This position will remain open until filled, and may be closed at any time.
Position Description: Under the general direction of the Traffic Design Manager, oversee and direct a traffic design team in the Traffic Engineering Group. Prepare and monitor traffic engineering project schedules, budgets, and coordinates with other design sections and consultants as necessary in traffic project development and delivery. Allocate the traffic design team’s personnel resources to various projects and manage all team administration activities. Manage the development and delivery of traffic engineering documents including: reports, studies, design plans, special provisions, policies and procedures. Provide direction to staff in performing highly complex traffic designs and traffic analyses. Seals and is professionally responsible for plan and report approval. In addition, mentor and supervise junior level traffic engineering staff in the design of traffic signals and highway lighting.
Ideal Candidate: Will have a Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Electrical Engineering and experience equivalent to a Transportation Engineer 1.
Requirements: Registration as a Professional Engineer (PE) by the State Board of Technical Registration is required from the State of Arizona or eligible for reciprocity in the State of Arizona.
Note: This position requires possession of a valid Arizona Class D Driver License. Candidates for this position must complete and sign the Driver Form on page 6 of the State of Arizona Application for Employment at the time of interview, which will allow ADOT to obtain the candidate’s motor vehicle record (MVR). The most recent 39-month period shown on the MVR will be reviewed in accordance with A.A.C. R2-10-207.12 (H) and (I). The review must show an acceptable driving record prior to any offer of employment being made by ADOT. Employment is contingent upon an acceptable MVR.
All newly hired employees are subject to the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification Program.
Please visit http://www.azdot.gov/Inside_ADOT/HR/Employment.asp to learn more about benefits given to ADOT employees.
State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA reasonable accommodation employer.
PTV Group is a multi-disciplinary transportation software and consulting firm distributing PTV Vision® traffic applications throughout North America and the recognized worldwide leader in transportation modeling, mobility, and logistics solutions. We are part of a global network of highly qualified professionals in transportation engineering, planning, and computer science providing traffic and transit engineering and planning services, technical support, training, and software customization for PTV Vissim, Visum, Vistro and Viswalk products. PTV Group is committed to providing a rewarding workplace that encourages professional growth, competitive salaries, and an excellent benefits package.
Description: We are seeking a Transportation Engineering Associate for our software technical support group in the Portland, Oregon office responsible for providing first tier technical support for PTV Vision products. The ability to identify complex problems, develop options, and effectively communicate advanced and efficient technical solutions to PTV Group’s customers is a crucial component of the job. Job responsibilities include:
- Answering incoming technical support requests through email, phone, and web meetings;
- Collaborating with colleagues to resolve customer requests;
- Supporting advanced PTV Vision software applications in consultation with other technical staff;
- Managing and maintaining knowledge base through the customer response management system; and
- Assisting with special software-related projects, trainings, and sales requests as needed.
Qualifications: Strong candidates will have exceptional customer service skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to resolve problems professionally and efficiently, in addition to the following mandatory requirements:
- 2 years of transportation engineering experience including prior use of PTV Vissim software.
- College degree required: B.S. Civil Engineering with emphasis in Transportation or related field
- Experience with PTV Vissim required. Experience with PTV Visum and Vistro or similar software tools preferred.
- Working knowledge of fundamental traffic engineering and transportation planning principles required.
- Knowledge of and experience with HCM and HCM-based analytical tools, signal optimization methods and tools, and travel demand forecasting procedures desired.
- Basic computer programming skills (VBA, C++, Python) desired.
- English-language proficiency is essential.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without employer sponsorship.
How to Apply: Email a cover letter summarizing how your experience relates to the qualifications above with your résumé and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please. Salary commensurate with experience.
RBF Consulting, a company of Michael Baker Corporation, seeks a Project Manager II to join our Traffic Engineering group in our Irvine office.
The Project Manager II will assist in the leadership of our Traffic Engineering Team and be an active partner in the further development of the traffic discipline in Southern California and throughout the Company. Responsibilities include:
- Develop and complete work relative to traffic engineering including planning, design and signal operations.
- Lead traffic engineering staff in the development and successful delivery of all technical work products, including traffic engineering design plans, such as signing, striping, state construction/traffic control, traffic signal, communication systems, Intelligent Transportation Systems, lighting plans, specifications and estimates for City, County and Caltrans highway facilities.
- Business development, writing proposals, attending interviews, defining scope of projects, creating and maintaining budgets and managing/mentoring a staff of traffic engineers and designers.
- B.S. in Civil Engineering
- Minimum of 10 years of Traffic Engineering experience
- California PE and California TE required; PTOE a plus
To apply for this position, please log on to www.mbakercorp.com/careers select “Job Search” and reference IRC45835 in “Keywords.”
RBF Consulting, a company of Michael Baker International, seeks a Civil Engineer II to join our Traffic Engineering team in our Irvine, CA office and be an active partner in further development of the traffic discipline in Southern CA and throughout the Company. Responsibilities include:
- Develop and complete work relative to traffic engineering including planning, design and signal operations.
- Support traffic engineering staff in the development and successful delivery of all technical work products, including traffic engineering design plans, such as signing, striping, state construction/traffic control, traffic signal, communication systems, Intelligent Transportation Systems, lighting plans, specifications and estimates for City, County and Caltrans highway facilities.
- Business development, writing proposals, attending interviews, defining scope of projects, creating and maintaining budgets and managing/mentoring a staff of traffic engineers and designers. Field work is expected and the candidate should be able to travel to project sites.
- B.S. in Civil Engineering.
- Minimum of 6 years of Traffic Engineering experience.
- PE license in California.
- Strong design skills utilizing AutoCAD/Softdesk and/or Microstation.
To apply for this position, please log on to www.mbakercorp.com/careers select “Job Search” and reference IRC46316 in “Keywords.”
Lee Engineering, LLC is a specialized traffic engineering and transportation planning firm dedicated to providing exceptional services to clients for over 25 years. Recognized for our specialized expertise, innovative solutions, and responsive client services, Lee Engineering upholds our reputation by hiring the best in the traffic and transportation industry. If you are looking to be a part of an expanding, supportive team and receive challenges that promote personal and professional growth, look no further than Lee Engineering.
Lee Engineering is currently seeking a highly motivated Registered Engineer to facilitate the growth of our Albuquerque office.
Responsibilities include performing traffic engineering studies, simulations/modeling, safety studies, PS&E for signal, illumination and ITS projects. Other tasks could include providing construction support for in-house designed projects.
- BS degree in Civil Engineering
- Registered Engineer (PE), ability to obtain NM PE within 6 months
- Minimum of 4 years of traffic engineering experience
- Full knowledge of MS Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Clear and effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple project commitments
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Familiarity with engineering guidelines and standards
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborate with team members
- A strong work ethic with the desire to learn
Ideal Candidate Experience
- Registration as a Professional Traffic Operations Engineer (PTOE) is highly desirable
- Proficiency in AutoCad, Synchro, and VISSIM
- GIS Desktop and Data Collection Experience
- Construction Management Experience
- Traffic Data Collection Experience
- Knowledge of the Federal Funding Process
- Experience working with both public and private sector clients is a plus
All candidates meeting the Qualifications Requirements are encouraged to apply.
Email resume and cover letter to Paul Barricklow at email@example.com
The City of Tacoma Public Works Department is looking for a licensed Professional Engineer to lead design of the City’s traffic signal and streetlight systems. This is an advanced traffic engineering position responsible for varied duties that improve the City’s transportation system. The ideal candidate will have experience in other areas of civil engineering and project management, including traffic operations and safety, right-of-way design, and permitting regulations. The selected candidate will be hard-working and approachable, and will be able to organize and express ideas through excellent oral and written communications to a wide variety of audiences. For more information about this position and the online application process please visit the City of Tacoma’s website at www.cityoftacoma.org/jobs.
The City of Tacoma Public Works Department is looking for a Planning Engineer to join its dynamic Transportation Section. This is an advanced position responsible for the City’s Transportation Planning Model and related transportation planning, and transportation operations duties. The ideal candidate will have experience with travel demand models, forecasting, land use allocations, operational-level models, project management, multimodal level-of-service, concurrency requirements of the state Growth Management Act, and Transportation Improvement Programs. The candidate must be able to demonstrate a history of project work and technical experiences leading to progressive advancement. The candidate must also have communications and interpersonal skills necessary for frequent contact with citizens, elected officials, customers, and staff. For more information about this position and the online application process please visit the City of Tacoma’s website at www.cityoftacoma.org/jobs.
KPG is an interdisciplinary civil engineering firm specializing in design of municipal roadway projects. We are seeking to fill a full-time traffic engineering position for our Tacoma office.
Responsibilities include performing all types of traffic engineering tasks with main focus on preparation of plans, specifications and cost estimates for signal, illumination and ITS projects. Other tasks might include traffic analysis, simulations/modeling, conceptual engineering, traffic impact studies and providing construction assistance on in-house designed projects.
- Ideal candidate will have a B.S. degree in Civil Engineering
- Registered Engineer in Training (EIT)
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in design of traffic signal and/or illumination plans
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, AGi32, Word, Excel
- Ability to handle multiple project commitments
- Strong report writing and communication skills
- Willingness to work as part of a team
Although experience is desirable, all candidates are encouraged to apply. Willingness and ability to acquire new skills and knowledge is required, and could substitute for specific qualifications above.
Email resume and cover letter to Aaron Knight at firstname.lastname@example.org
The City of San Antonio seeks to fill an Assistant Director of Transportation position for the Transportation and Capital Improvements department. Position requires 10 years of transportation planning, engineering or operations experience, a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, and professional engineering or planning certification. Competitive salary is dependent on qualifications and education. To apply, send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. To learn more about the position visit the Executive Vacancies listing at www.sanantonio.gov/hr/jobs