ITE WESTERN DISTRICT
Updated: March 24, 2015
Click on the links below to see a full description and learn how to apply!
- Associate Traffic Engineer – City of Spokane – Spokane, WA
- Associate Engineer – Traffic – City of Farmington – Farmington, NM
- Project Transportation Planning Engineer or Planner – Morrison-Maierle, Inc. – Spokane, WA
- Signal Timing Engineer – DKS Associates – Santa Ana, CA
- Civil Engineer – RailPros – Irvine, CA
- Marketing Coordinator – LIN Consulting, Inc. – Diamond Bar, CA
- Transportation System Specialist – City of Pasadena – Pasadena, CA
- Transportation Engineer/Planner (Entry and Mid-Senior Level) – The Mobility Group – Irvine, CA
- ITS Applications Engineer – Econolite – Anaheim, CA
- Engineer – SFMTA – San Francisco, CA
- Senior Traffic Engineer – City of Moreno Valley – Moreno Valley, CA
- Western Regional Sales Manager – Pexco – Northern California or Tacoma, Washington
- Engineering Project Manager – Traffic – City of Hillsboro – Hillsboro, OR
- Parking Manager (Transportation) – City of Pasadena – Pasadena, CA
Salary: $63,329 to $77,986 annually
Nature of Work: Performs supervisory and professional traffic engineering work in connection with investigations, studies, designs, and operational reviews. Analyzes and interprets compiled traffic data and assists in making recommendations and solutions to traffic engineering problems. Directs and participates in the drafting and design of traffic flow maps and charts, and channelization, signal, and progression plans for traffic signals.
Requirements: Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree in Transportation or Civil Engineering, with course work in transportation; and three years of experience in engineering at the professional level, two of which must have been in traffic engineering or related field. Possession of an Engineer in Training or Professional Engineer certificate may substitute for the educational requirement. A related master’s degree may substitute for one year of experience. Applicants must possess a valid driver’s license.
The City of Spokane is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
The City of Farmington in Farmington, New Mexico is hiring for Associate Engineer in Traffic. This position will perform a variety of duties including conducting traffic studies, monitoring computerized traffic signal systems, preparing work orders for sign installation and pavement markings, and maintaining computerized traffic control device inventory system. Conducts traffic studies using a variety of data collection devices while following the regulations and guidance provided by the Manual on Traffic Control Devices. This includes performing field research on traffic volume, speeds, delays, accidents, and turning movements and providing data reports utilizing specialized compute software. Graduation from an accredited ABET certified college or university with a Bachelor’s Degree in Transportation/Traffic or Civil Engineering is required. Completion of EI exam or registration as a professional engineer with current registration in the State of New Mexico will determine specific pay grades. The candidate should have a working knowledge of the Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices and IMSA Work Zone Safety Manual. For a complete job posting, please visit our website at www.fmtn.org or www.cofjobs.com.
Morrison-Maierle, Inc. has an exciting opportunity for a Project Transportation Planning Engineer or Planner in our Spokane, Washington office.
Established in 1945, the firm has built its reputation on commitment to quality. Our core values of Integrity, Respect, Commitment and Excellence form the foundation of everything we do. As a regional firm with a staff of approximately 300, Morrison-Maierle, Inc. is currently ranked No. 324, within the Engineering News Record’s “Top 500 Design Firms” and has recently been named as one of the “Best Firms to Work For” by ZweigWhite.
This position will provide transportation planning, pre-design and design support for a range of transportation projects.
Transportation planning services include preparation of community transportation plans, corridor studies, warrant investigation / justification, transportation safety studies, pedestrian / bike analyses, parking studies, and traffic impact analyses.
Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Urban Planning, Transportation Planning, Urban Design, or equivalent.
Minimum of 5 years’ experience in transportation engineering or planning.
Essential skills include:
- Expertise with Synchro or equivalent form of traffic operations/ capacity software.
- Experience with AutoCAD and AutoTURN.
- Familiarity with aaSIDRA.
- Knowledge in the application and use of ITE, AASHTO, and FHWA guidelines.
- Familiarity with the preparation of figures and graphics for transportation studies and reports.
- Strong technical writing skills.
- Good interpersonal skills to interface effectively with clients, agencies, and citizens.
Value added experience include:
- Experience with geometric design, signal design, roundabout design, and general roadway and pedestrian facilities design.
- Experience with Visum/Vissim, TransCAD.
- Experience with MicroStation and GEOPAK or InRoads.
A professional engineering license is preferred.
Some travel required (approximately every 6 to 8 weeks).
What’s So Special About Working at Morrison-Maierle?
How does unmatched control over your own life and career path sound? We strive to be the most flexible, diverse, and family friendly employer there is. When you work for Morrison-Maierle, you’ll be entitled to a career’s worth of opportunities, benefits, and satisfactions. We hire candidates who live our Core Values and who want to deliver on our Core Purpose. We create solutions that build better communities. We believe this is truly worthwhile and why Morrison-Maierle exists.
Apply online at www.m-m.net
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Join a leading transportation firm that values your expertise and rewards your accomplishments. Named as one of the “Best Firms to Work For” by ZweigWhite, DKS Associates is a growing, national, employee-owned specialty transportation engineering consulting firm. We are seeking a talented engineering professional with extensive signal timing experience who will be responsible for planning, development, implementation, fine tuning and evaluation of traffic signal timings. The successful candidate will oversee the growth and management of the office’s signal synchronization activities. Responsibilities will include analysis of traffic signal operation on arterials and networks, specification of applicable data collection, development of new signal timing parameters based on detailed analysis, inputting traffic signal plans via central control systems and/or directly into local controllers, and design and analysis of traffic surveys to evaluate signal timing effectiveness.
We provide significant growth potential and the opportunity to work on cutting-edge traffic operations and transportation planning for the future of the region, integrating all modes of transportation, improving safety, developing innovative performance measures, designing transportation engineering/ITS aspects of projects and carrying projects from conceptual planning through approvals and design to construction and operation. At DKS – we are experts at connecting communities and we would like you to join us in this pursuit.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or similar. Master’s preferred.
- 7+ years of experience in transportation engineering and/or planning.
- California P.E. in Civil Engineering, P.T.O.E. is desirable.
- Experience with client meetings, public meetings, proposals and project management.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and experience preparing technical reports.
- Consulting firm and business development experience.
If interested, email cover letter and resume: email@example.com. Indicate “SIGNAL TIMING ENGINEER #2015-0010” in subject line when applying. Be sure to label any attachment with your full name (i.e. First Name Last Name_resume).
DKS Associates is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits all forms of unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, marital status, disability, medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other unlawful forms of discrimination.
RailPros seeks a Civil Engineer to join our Traffic Engineering team in our Irvine office to assist on a variety of traffic-oriented tasks on multiple projects throughout the company.
The Civil Engineer will be responsible for developing and completing work relative to traffic engineering including planning, design and signal operations, as well as directing other design engineers.
The Civil Engineer will assist in the development and successful delivery of a variety of technical work products, including analysis of existing traffic operations, traffic engineering analysis reports, design plans (signing, striping, stage construction/traffic control, traffic signal), specifications and estimates for city, county and rail and light rail facilities. Additional responsibilities include business development, writing proposals, defining project scopes, creating and maintaining budgets and managing/mentoring others. Field work is expected and the candidate should be able to travel to project sites.
- BS in Civil Engineering
- Minimum 5 years of Traffic Engineering experience
- PE license in CA – Civil or Traffic
- Strong technical background in traffic engineering, as well as experience preparing transportation planning documents and in signal operations
- Good communication skills – verbal and written
- Proficiency in Vissim or Syncho
- Rail or Light Rail Preemption Experience
- Additional PE Licenses and/or PTOE
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and/or Microstation
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer
RailPros, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Company policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, gender, religion, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition including genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws.
LIN Consulting, a California corporation founded in 1997, specializes in traffic, civil, and electrical engineering. LIN Consulting was founded on the principle of providing high-quality professional services on time and within budget. Having participated in numerous projects of various types and scales, our accomplished team has amassed a considerable amount of traffic, civil, and electrical engineering experience working with counties, cities, and the State, as well as with private owners and developers.
- In charge of devising, developing, and implementing strategic marketing plans for the firm
- Prepare professional proposals for submittal to private and public sector clients; generate and edit company profiles, brochures, firm qualification information, and project experience documents
- Peruse weekly marketing leads and coordinate with managers to ascertain which to pursue
- Establish new business contacts and build rapport among existent liaisons at industry networking events
- Attend pre-proposal meetings to network with prime firms and open up new teaming opportunities with other companies
- Lead weekly marketing meetings to update project managers about marketing developments and proposals in progress
- Establish strong image for company through marketing activities, including web site design and revision and the creation of promotional materials
- Contact potential primes and sub consultants to discuss teaming possibilities
- Assist with administrative tasks around the office on an as-needed basis
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, English, or related fields
- Effective verbal and technical written communication skills
- Ability to work under tight schedules and deadlines
- Strong writing and editing skills
- A high degree of proficiency with Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, Project, and PowerPoint. Knowledge of graphic software.
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to manage and coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously
- Must be detailed oriented, have ability to plan, manage and oversee production of creative materials
- Prefer a minimum of 2 years of experience.
- Prefer knowledge of the industry.
Please send or email your resume to:
LIN Consulting, Inc.
21660 E. Copley Drive, Suite 270
Diamond Bar, CA 91765
Equal Opportunity Employer
More info about our company can be found at www.LinConsulting.com
The City of Pasadena is looking for a highly motivated individual with creative technology driven problem solving skill to support a variety of current transportation applications and next generation Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS). Under general supervision, coordinates and leads the design, analysis, procurement/development, implementation, and maintenance of Transportation systems to include but not limited to Traffic Management Systems, Parking Management Systems and Transit Management systems. Serve as the subject-matter expert regarding all Department of Transportation (DOT) related information technology systems.
Interested applicants should visit the City of Pasadena’s website at http://www.cityofpasadena.net for complete job information and online application.
We are seeking to expand our team of dedicated and talented professionals as we continue to work on a wide range of interesting and challenging private and public sector projects. We offer a supportive working environment, with the opportunity for direct involvement in many different projects.
We provide a competitive salary and benefits package, including: Medical and Dental Insurance, IRA Plan, Profit Sharing, and support for Professional Development.
Send letter of interest and resume stating professional experience and career goals to email@example.com.
Mid-Senior Level Transportation Planner/Engineer
We are seeking experienced and motivated individuals for important mid-level and senior positions. These positions are responsible for project and task management, technical analysis and supervision, problem solving and solution development, report production, client interface, and marketing roles.
Requirements include: BS or MS in Civil, Transportation, or Planning, 7+ years experience in transportation planning and/or transportation/traffic engineering, effective verbal and written communication skills, and working knowledge of transportation software packages. TE registration preferred. PTP or AICP a plus.
Entry Level-Associate Transportation Planned/Engineer
We are seeking motivated individuals for Entry Level or Associate level positions in transportation planning and transportation/traffic engineering. These positions will be responsible for conducting technical analyses, applying transportation software packages, and preparing draft work products. They also offer significant opportunities to learn both the technical and management components of the transportation profession.
Requirements include: BS or MS in Civil, Transportation, or Planning, and experience/knowledge of transportation software, AutoCAD, and GIS.
Econolite is looking for an ITS Applications Engineer that can create and support systems opportunities to drive sales of ITS related products and services through the Econolite sales force, channel partners and Aegis. The candidate must have experience including but not limited to:
- Develop a technical knowledge of Econolite’s products including Centracs and Centracs Adaptive and their associated communication technologies with the ability to demonstrate products in context with customer needs
- Develop and present system solutions to the customer, involving Sales Management, Aegis ITS, Engineering, and Product Management where appropriate
- Serves as a proactive customer service & quality ambassador of The Econolite Group, Inc. by representing the organization in a positive, professional manner to support The Brand Promise
Minimum qualifications for this position will require the following but not limited to:
- Bachelor’s degree in Traffic, Transportation, Civil, or Electrical Engineering or related field
- Two (2) to five (5) years of professional level experience
- ITS industry, traffic engineering knowledge and practice, traffic signal operations, system engineering knowledge and experience
For a complete list of duties /qualifications, please visit our Careers page at www.econolitegroup.com/careers to apply or view our other openings at Econolite Group, Inc.
An Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/D/V. Non-Smoking Facility
The San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency is the transportation agency for the City and County of San Francisco. It uniquely combines all traffic engineering and transportation planning functions with the operation of the city’s public transit system. The San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency (SFMTA) employs more than 4,800 people in over 200 different job classifications. Currently, SFMTA’s Sustainable Streets Division has openings in the following transportation engineering positions:
CLASSIFICATION RECRUITMENT DATES
5201 Junior Transportation Engineer ($72,800 – $88,478) Feb 3 – 13, 2015
5203 Assistant Transportation Engineer ($82,212 – $99,944) Feb 3 – 17, 2015
5207 Associate Transportation Engineer ($95,654 – $116,246) Feb 2 – 13, 2015
In addition to the general requirements for the position, the successful candidate should demonstrate interest and experience in traffic/transportation planning, design and analysis, and project management. He or she should have excellent written and oral communication skills, knowledge of basic statistics, and strong computer skills. Elements of the work include supervision and coordination with external and internal stakeholders; conceptual design; evaluation of technical aspects of various transportation modes; and elements of project implementation. This position will collaborate with engineers and planners within their team, as well as others throughout the Sustainable Streets division. Projects involve a heavy emphasis on teamwork and consensus-building, as well as a broad understanding of how projects affect transit, accessibility, and traffic operations.
Applications for City and County of San Francisco jobs are being accepted through an online process. Visit www.jobaps.com/sf to register an account (if you have not already done so) and begin the application process.
- Select the desired job announcement
- Select “Apply” and read and acknowledge the information
- Select either “I am a New User” if you have not previously registered, or “I have Registered Previously”
- Follow instructions on the screen
THE SALARY: $7,064 – $9,946 month.
THE POSITION: Under the supervision of the Transportation Division Manager, this position will supervise and participate in traffic engineering planning, design, or implementation of traffic control systems, investigation and other transportation engineering projects, and perform related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: A Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Transportation Engineering or a closely related discipline. Graduate coursework in Transportation and Traffic Engineering is desirable. Six years professional engineering experience in Transportation, Planning or Traffic Engineering, with at least one year in a lead capacity is required; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATES: A current, valid certification as a Professional Traffic Engineer issued by the California State Board of Registration for Civil and Professional Engineers is highly desired, but required within one year of appointment. A valid California driver’s license is required at the time of appointment.
View full recruitment flyer and apply at: www.moval.org or www.calopps.org no later than 5:00 pm on Sunday, March 1, 2014. Must apply online, resume not accepted in lieu of online application. City of Moreno Valley 951-413-3045 is an EEOE.
Job Title: Western Regional Sales Manager
Location: Northern California or Tacoma, Washington
Scope of the Role: The Western Regional Sales Manager will be responsible for selling and promoting Traffic Control products in a defined territory in Western United States. This position reports to the Vice President of Sales.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for outside sales and new business development throughout the West Coast of the United States
- Manage sales in the assigned territory including frequent sales calls to major transportation agencies, major accounts and private engineering firms
- Maintain interaction with existing distributors, specifying engineers in both public and private agencies, key end-users, and prospects to ensure maximum sales growth
- Conduct sales presentations to customers to train their sales staff thus leveraging their effectiveness in expanding sales of our product line
- Conduct sales presentations to DOT engineers and private engineering firms to drive specification of our products in future projects
- Manage independent sales representatives, if any are assigned to the territory
- Manage Sales Forecast and Key Account strategies for the assigned territory
- Analyze existing and potential customer requirements, promoting current products and identifying new products to meet those requirements
- Collaborate with internal resources to provide customer support, including product demonstration, trade show participation, customer training, product installation, new product approvals and after-sales technical assistance
- Provide input to sales strategies, forecasts, campaigns, business plans, budgets and new product development
- Communicate frequently with internal sales team, including VP of Sales and Customer Service Representatives, on all aspects of sales and customer support
- Remain informed regarding competitor activities and products
- Maintain up-to-date and accurate sales and customer records
Key Skills and Attributes
- 5 years’ experience in sales required with a strong technical background desirable
- Experience in selling and managing traffic control or other technical products a plus
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- High technical aptitude and proficiency with computers, including MS Office suite
- Background in traffic control, public works or civil engineering a plus
- BA/BS in business administration, engineering, or related field preferred
- Excellent verbal, written and communication skills especially technical writing skills
- Ability to interface with employees at all levels of the company
- Ability to work independently and travel approximately 75% of time
Please send resumes to Dick Peterson at firstname.lastname@example.org
Before January 30, 2015
Closing Date/Time: Fri. 02/13/15 5:00 PM Pacific Time
Salary: $34.70 – $45.66 Hourly
6,014.00 – $7,915.00 Monthly
$72,168.00 – $94,980.00 Annually
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Civic Center, 150 E Main Street Hillsboro OR 97123, Oregon
Starting pay: $6014 to $7317 per month, (depending on qualifications), plus benefits.
This position will oversee and manage the day-to-day operations for the Traffic Engineering Section of the Public Works Department. The Traffic Project Manager is responsible for planning, coordination, implementation, and review of improvements related to the installation, construction, and/or operation of traffic signals, signs, markings, and roadway lighting for both City initiated capital and development improvements.
The principal function of an employee in this class is to oversee, manage, and direct the Traffic Engineering Section, its resources and personnel in the planning, design, coordination, implementation, and review of improvements related to the installation, construction, and/or operation of traffic signals, signs, markings, and roadway lighting on city managed facilities. Responsibilities include managing, coordinating, implementing and/or monitoring projects including the review of capital improvement and development plans and specifications; development of construction standards and procedures; and inventory and assessment of public traffic infrastructure assets. This position will require coordination with consultants, contractors and peer engineering, finance, and operation managers, project managers, coordinators, maintenance personnel, including collaboration with regional transportation partners and agencies, and, and interacting with the general public to address concerns related to traffic operations. The work is performed under the supervision and direction of an assigned supervisor, but considerable leeway is granted for the exercise of independent judgment and initiative. Supervision is exercised over assigned engineering support personnel. The nature of the work performed requires that an employee in this class establish and maintain effective working relationships with City and department personnel, construction and surveying crews, property owners, colleagues, co-workers, consultants, contractors, and the general public. The principal duties of this class are performed in a general office environment and in the field. This is an overtime exempt position.
Engineering Project Manager I – Traffic, Supplemental Questionnaire – Required.
General Statement of Duties, Benefits and Required Supplemental Questions can be found on the following link: http://www.hillsboro-oregon.gov/index.aspx?page=129
The City of Pasadena, Transportation Department is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Parking Manager. Under general direction, the Parking Manager administers the City’s off street parking, parking enforcement, parking citation process, parking meter operation and enforcement, zoning credit, and city owned parking facilities and maintenance programs; assists in the planning of future City owned parking facilities; develops and establishes new parking programs; provides staff support to City commissions and committees; performs related work as assigned.
Any combination of education and/or experience that has provided the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary for acceptable job performance, such as: bachelor’s degree in Public Administration, Business Administration or a related field and two years’ experience managing a comprehensive public parking or related program, or substantial experience in contract administration. Five years of supervisory experience is highly desirable.
Ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in Public Administration, Business Administration or a related field and two years’ experience managing a comprehensive public parking or related program, or substantial experience in contract administration. Five years of supervisory experience is highly desirable.
City of Pasadena, CA offers an excellent benefit package in addition to competitive salaries. This posting will close on Thursday, February 26, 2015 at 11:59 PM Pacific Time. Interested applicants should visit the City of Pasadena’s website at www.cityofpasadena.net for complete job information and online application. EOE