ITE WESTERN DISTRICT
Engineering Career Opportunities
Updated: February 26, 2015
Click on the links below to see a full description and learn how to apply!
- Open Positions – Iteris – Various
- Civil Engineer – RailPros – Irvine, CA
- Marketing Coordinator – LIN Consulting, Inc. – Diamond Bar, CA
- Transportation System Specialist – City of Pasadena – Pasadena, CA
- Transportation Engineer/Planner (Entry and Mid-Senior Level) – The Mobility Group – Irvine, CA
- ITS Applications Engineer – Econolite – Anaheim, CA
- Engineer – SFMTA – San Francisco, CA
- Senior Traffic Engineer – City of Moreno Valley – Moreno Valley, CA
- Western Regional Sales Manager – Pexco – Northern California or Tacoma, Washington
- Engineering Project Manager – Traffic – City of Hillsboro – Hillsboro, OR
- Parking Manager (Transportation) – City of Pasadena – Pasadena, CA
- Professional Engineer I – Traffic Operations – Colorado Department of Transportation – Denver, CO
- Public Works Supervisor II – Traffic Signals – Snohomish County – Everett, WA
- Associate Engineer – Traffic – City of San Diego – San Diego, CA
- Traffic Operations/Traffic Engineer – DKS Associates – Seattle, WA
- Transportation Planning and Traffic Engineering Openings – DKS Associates – Various
RailPros seeks a Civil Engineer to join our Traffic Engineering team in our Irvine office to assist on a variety of traffic-oriented tasks on multiple projects throughout the company.
The Civil Engineer will be responsible for developing and completing work relative to traffic engineering including planning, design and signal operations, as well as directing other design engineers.
The Civil Engineer will assist in the development and successful delivery of a variety of technical work products, including analysis of existing traffic operations, traffic engineering analysis reports, design plans (signing, striping, stage construction/traffic control, traffic signal), specifications and estimates for city, county and rail and light rail facilities. Additional responsibilities include business development, writing proposals, defining project scopes, creating and maintaining budgets and managing/mentoring others. Field work is expected and the candidate should be able to travel to project sites.
- BS in Civil Engineering
- Minimum 5 years of Traffic Engineering experience
- PE license in CA – Civil or Traffic
- Strong technical background in traffic engineering, as well as experience preparing transportation planning documents and in signal operations
- Good communication skills – verbal and written
- Proficiency in Vissim or Syncho
- Rail or Light Rail Preemption Experience
- Additional PE Licenses and/or PTOE
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and/or Microstation
Please email your resume to email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer
RailPros, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Company policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, gender, religion, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition including genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws.
LIN Consulting, a California corporation founded in 1997, specializes in traffic, civil, and electrical engineering. LIN Consulting was founded on the principle of providing high-quality professional services on time and within budget. Having participated in numerous projects of various types and scales, our accomplished team has amassed a considerable amount of traffic, civil, and electrical engineering experience working with counties, cities, and the State, as well as with private owners and developers.
- In charge of devising, developing, and implementing strategic marketing plans for the firm
- Prepare professional proposals for submittal to private and public sector clients; generate and edit company profiles, brochures, firm qualification information, and project experience documents
- Peruse weekly marketing leads and coordinate with managers to ascertain which to pursue
- Establish new business contacts and build rapport among existent liaisons at industry networking events
- Attend pre-proposal meetings to network with prime firms and open up new teaming opportunities with other companies
- Lead weekly marketing meetings to update project managers about marketing developments and proposals in progress
- Establish strong image for company through marketing activities, including web site design and revision and the creation of promotional materials
- Contact potential primes and sub consultants to discuss teaming possibilities
- Assist with administrative tasks around the office on an as-needed basis
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, English, or related fields
- Effective verbal and technical written communication skills
- Ability to work under tight schedules and deadlines
- Strong writing and editing skills
- A high degree of proficiency with Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, Project, and PowerPoint. Knowledge of graphic software.
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to manage and coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously
- Must be detailed oriented, have ability to plan, manage and oversee production of creative materials
- Prefer a minimum of 2 years of experience.
- Prefer knowledge of the industry.
Please send or email your resume to:
LIN Consulting, Inc.
21660 E. Copley Drive, Suite 270
Diamond Bar, CA 91765
Equal Opportunity Employer
More info about our company can be found at www.LinConsulting.com
The City of Pasadena is looking for a highly motivated individual with creative technology driven problem solving skill to support a variety of current transportation applications and next generation Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS). Under general supervision, coordinates and leads the design, analysis, procurement/development, implementation, and maintenance of Transportation systems to include but not limited to Traffic Management Systems, Parking Management Systems and Transit Management systems. Serve as the subject-matter expert regarding all Department of Transportation (DOT) related information technology systems.
Interested applicants should visit the City of Pasadena’s website at http://www.cityofpasadena.net for complete job information and online application.
We are seeking to expand our team of dedicated and talented professionals as we continue to work on a wide range of interesting and challenging private and public sector projects. We offer a supportive working environment, with the opportunity for direct involvement in many different projects.
We provide a competitive salary and benefits package, including: Medical and Dental Insurance, IRA Plan, Profit Sharing, and support for Professional Development.
Send letter of interest and resume stating professional experience and career goals to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mid-Senior Level Transportation Planner/Engineer
We are seeking experienced and motivated individuals for important mid-level and senior positions. These positions are responsible for project and task management, technical analysis and supervision, problem solving and solution development, report production, client interface, and marketing roles.
Requirements include: BS or MS in Civil, Transportation, or Planning, 7+ years experience in transportation planning and/or transportation/traffic engineering, effective verbal and written communication skills, and working knowledge of transportation software packages. TE registration preferred. PTP or AICP a plus.
Entry Level-Associate Transportation Planned/Engineer
We are seeking motivated individuals for Entry Level or Associate level positions in transportation planning and transportation/traffic engineering. These positions will be responsible for conducting technical analyses, applying transportation software packages, and preparing draft work products. They also offer significant opportunities to learn both the technical and management components of the transportation profession.
Requirements include: BS or MS in Civil, Transportation, or Planning, and experience/knowledge of transportation software, AutoCAD, and GIS.
Econolite is looking for an ITS Applications Engineer that can create and support systems opportunities to drive sales of ITS related products and services through the Econolite sales force, channel partners and Aegis. The candidate must have experience including but not limited to:
- Develop a technical knowledge of Econolite’s products including Centracs and Centracs Adaptive and their associated communication technologies with the ability to demonstrate products in context with customer needs
- Develop and present system solutions to the customer, involving Sales Management, Aegis ITS, Engineering, and Product Management where appropriate
- Serves as a proactive customer service & quality ambassador of The Econolite Group, Inc. by representing the organization in a positive, professional manner to support The Brand Promise
Minimum qualifications for this position will require the following but not limited to:
- Bachelor’s degree in Traffic, Transportation, Civil, or Electrical Engineering or related field
- Two (2) to five (5) years of professional level experience
- ITS industry, traffic engineering knowledge and practice, traffic signal operations, system engineering knowledge and experience
For a complete list of duties /qualifications, please visit our Careers page at www.econolitegroup.com/careers to apply or view our other openings at Econolite Group, Inc.
An Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/D/V. Non-Smoking Facility
The San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency is the transportation agency for the City and County of San Francisco. It uniquely combines all traffic engineering and transportation planning functions with the operation of the city’s public transit system. The San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency (SFMTA) employs more than 4,800 people in over 200 different job classifications. Currently, SFMTA’s Sustainable Streets Division has openings in the following transportation engineering positions:
CLASSIFICATION RECRUITMENT DATES
5201 Junior Transportation Engineer ($72,800 – $88,478) Feb 3 – 13, 2015
5203 Assistant Transportation Engineer ($82,212 – $99,944) Feb 3 – 17, 2015
5207 Associate Transportation Engineer ($95,654 – $116,246) Feb 2 – 13, 2015
In addition to the general requirements for the position, the successful candidate should demonstrate interest and experience in traffic/transportation planning, design and analysis, and project management. He or she should have excellent written and oral communication skills, knowledge of basic statistics, and strong computer skills. Elements of the work include supervision and coordination with external and internal stakeholders; conceptual design; evaluation of technical aspects of various transportation modes; and elements of project implementation. This position will collaborate with engineers and planners within their team, as well as others throughout the Sustainable Streets division. Projects involve a heavy emphasis on teamwork and consensus-building, as well as a broad understanding of how projects affect transit, accessibility, and traffic operations.
Applications for City and County of San Francisco jobs are being accepted through an online process. Visit www.jobaps.com/sf to register an account (if you have not already done so) and begin the application process.
- Select the desired job announcement
- Select “Apply” and read and acknowledge the information
- Select either “I am a New User” if you have not previously registered, or “I have Registered Previously”
- Follow instructions on the screen
THE SALARY: $7,064 – $9,946 month.
THE POSITION: Under the supervision of the Transportation Division Manager, this position will supervise and participate in traffic engineering planning, design, or implementation of traffic control systems, investigation and other transportation engineering projects, and perform related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: A Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Transportation Engineering or a closely related discipline. Graduate coursework in Transportation and Traffic Engineering is desirable. Six years professional engineering experience in Transportation, Planning or Traffic Engineering, with at least one year in a lead capacity is required; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATES: A current, valid certification as a Professional Traffic Engineer issued by the California State Board of Registration for Civil and Professional Engineers is highly desired, but required within one year of appointment. A valid California driver’s license is required at the time of appointment.
View full recruitment flyer and apply at: www.moval.org or www.calopps.org no later than 5:00 pm on Sunday, March 1, 2014. Must apply online, resume not accepted in lieu of online application. City of Moreno Valley 951-413-3045 is an EEOE.
Job Title: Western Regional Sales Manager
Location: Northern California or Tacoma, Washington
Scope of the Role: The Western Regional Sales Manager will be responsible for selling and promoting Traffic Control products in a defined territory in Western United States. This position reports to the Vice President of Sales.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for outside sales and new business development throughout the West Coast of the United States
- Manage sales in the assigned territory including frequent sales calls to major transportation agencies, major accounts and private engineering firms
- Maintain interaction with existing distributors, specifying engineers in both public and private agencies, key end-users, and prospects to ensure maximum sales growth
- Conduct sales presentations to customers to train their sales staff thus leveraging their effectiveness in expanding sales of our product line
- Conduct sales presentations to DOT engineers and private engineering firms to drive specification of our products in future projects
- Manage independent sales representatives, if any are assigned to the territory
- Manage Sales Forecast and Key Account strategies for the assigned territory
- Analyze existing and potential customer requirements, promoting current products and identifying new products to meet those requirements
- Collaborate with internal resources to provide customer support, including product demonstration, trade show participation, customer training, product installation, new product approvals and after-sales technical assistance
- Provide input to sales strategies, forecasts, campaigns, business plans, budgets and new product development
- Communicate frequently with internal sales team, including VP of Sales and Customer Service Representatives, on all aspects of sales and customer support
- Remain informed regarding competitor activities and products
- Maintain up-to-date and accurate sales and customer records
Key Skills and Attributes
- 5 years’ experience in sales required with a strong technical background desirable
- Experience in selling and managing traffic control or other technical products a plus
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- High technical aptitude and proficiency with computers, including MS Office suite
- Background in traffic control, public works or civil engineering a plus
- BA/BS in business administration, engineering, or related field preferred
- Excellent verbal, written and communication skills especially technical writing skills
- Ability to interface with employees at all levels of the company
- Ability to work independently and travel approximately 75% of time
Please send resumes to Dick Peterson at email@example.com
Before January 30, 2015
Closing Date/Time: Fri. 02/13/15 5:00 PM Pacific Time
Salary: $34.70 – $45.66 Hourly
6,014.00 – $7,915.00 Monthly
$72,168.00 – $94,980.00 Annually
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Civic Center, 150 E Main Street Hillsboro OR 97123, Oregon
Starting pay: $6014 to $7317 per month, (depending on qualifications), plus benefits.
This position will oversee and manage the day-to-day operations for the Traffic Engineering Section of the Public Works Department. The Traffic Project Manager is responsible for planning, coordination, implementation, and review of improvements related to the installation, construction, and/or operation of traffic signals, signs, markings, and roadway lighting for both City initiated capital and development improvements.
The principal function of an employee in this class is to oversee, manage, and direct the Traffic Engineering Section, its resources and personnel in the planning, design, coordination, implementation, and review of improvements related to the installation, construction, and/or operation of traffic signals, signs, markings, and roadway lighting on city managed facilities. Responsibilities include managing, coordinating, implementing and/or monitoring projects including the review of capital improvement and development plans and specifications; development of construction standards and procedures; and inventory and assessment of public traffic infrastructure assets. This position will require coordination with consultants, contractors and peer engineering, finance, and operation managers, project managers, coordinators, maintenance personnel, including collaboration with regional transportation partners and agencies, and, and interacting with the general public to address concerns related to traffic operations. The work is performed under the supervision and direction of an assigned supervisor, but considerable leeway is granted for the exercise of independent judgment and initiative. Supervision is exercised over assigned engineering support personnel. The nature of the work performed requires that an employee in this class establish and maintain effective working relationships with City and department personnel, construction and surveying crews, property owners, colleagues, co-workers, consultants, contractors, and the general public. The principal duties of this class are performed in a general office environment and in the field. This is an overtime exempt position.
Engineering Project Manager I – Traffic, Supplemental Questionnaire – Required.
General Statement of Duties, Benefits and Required Supplemental Questions can be found on the following link: http://www.hillsboro-oregon.gov/index.aspx?page=129
The City of Pasadena, Transportation Department is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Parking Manager. Under general direction, the Parking Manager administers the City’s off street parking, parking enforcement, parking citation process, parking meter operation and enforcement, zoning credit, and city owned parking facilities and maintenance programs; assists in the planning of future City owned parking facilities; develops and establishes new parking programs; provides staff support to City commissions and committees; performs related work as assigned.
Any combination of education and/or experience that has provided the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary for acceptable job performance, such as: bachelor’s degree in Public Administration, Business Administration or a related field and two years’ experience managing a comprehensive public parking or related program, or substantial experience in contract administration. Five years of supervisory experience is highly desirable.
Ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in Public Administration, Business Administration or a related field and two years’ experience managing a comprehensive public parking or related program, or substantial experience in contract administration. Five years of supervisory experience is highly desirable.
City of Pasadena, CA offers an excellent benefit package in addition to competitive salaries. This posting will close on Thursday, February 26, 2015 at 11:59 PM Pacific Time. Interested applicants should visit the City of Pasadena’s website at www.cityofpasadena.net for complete job information and online application. EOE
Come Join the CDOT Team
Job Location: 425C Corporate Circle, Golden Colorado 80401
To apply, please visit Colorado State Jobs Website: http://bit.ly/1tRAe3s
The Snohomish County Department of Public Works Transportation and Environmental Services Division (TES) is seeking a highly motivated, qualified supervisor to fill a key management position as Public Works Supervisor II-Traffic Signals in our Traffic Operations section.
This position will supervise the Traffic Signals group within the Department of Public Works Transportation and Environmental Services division. This position is responsible for providing direction, guidance and work assignments to ensure that electronic traffic control devices are operating efficiently to provide safe, efficient and reliable travel on county roads and streets. The Traffic Signal group is responsible for 180 traffic signals and 186 other devices such as school zone beacons, warning beacons, and speed feedback displays. The ideal candidate will have regular contact with citizens and other agencies.
The ideal candidate has extensive traffic operations and supervisory experience and is successful at supervising a group of highly skilled technical staff who review construction plans and provide operations and maintenance to electronic traffic control devices for the county and 11 client cities. The ability to work in a fast-paced environment, managing several projects with quickly changing priorities and providing superior services, is essential.
The Transportation and Environmental Services Traffic Operations group consists of four licensed electricians (EO1) and International Municipal Signal Association certified Traffic Signal Technicians/Electricians.
To view job description, minimum qualifications, and apply for this position, please visit: http://www.snohomishcountywa.gov/2553/Job-Listings to submit your application.
Associate Engineer – Traffic positions assign, review and evaluate the performance of Assistant Engineers and support staff; interpret traffic engineering data; conduct complex traffic studies; develop the transportation circulation/mobility element of community plans; coordinate with other departments, agencies, contractors and citizen groups; prepare and present technical reports to other agencies, community groups, or other groups; manage traffic improvement projects through design and construction; and perform other duties as assigned.
- Associate Engineer – Traffic employees with valid State of California registration as a Professional Traffic, Civil or Electrical Engineer are eligible for 15% additional pay.
You must meet the following requirements on the date you apply, unless otherwise indicated.
EDUCATION: You must meet ONE of the following options:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Traffic, Civil or Electrical Engineering, or a closely related engineering field.
- Engineer-in-Training (EIT) Certificate issued from a state licensing board.
- Registration as a Professional Traffic, Civil or Electrical Engineer with a state licensing board.
- Additional qualifying professional traffic, civil or electrical engineering experience may be substituted for education lacked on a year-for-year basis. One year of full-time experience = 30 semester/45 quarter college level units.
- Completion of 30 semester/45 quarter units of graduate study in transportation-related course work may be substituted for a MAXIMUM of one year of full-time professional traffic engineering or transportation planning experience.
EXPERIENCE: Three years of full-time professional traffic engineer or transportation planning experience which MUST include one year of full-time professional journey-level experience at a level equivalent to an Assistant Engineer – Traffic with the City of San Diego (a position that produces travel forecasts, performs traffic accident analyses, field surveys, and studies of statistical data; recommends changes to striping, pavement markings, signage, and parking to facilitate safe and efficient traffic flow).
- Qualifying professional experience MUST include at least one of the following options:
- Conducting traffic engineering analyses, preparing reports, or reviewing plans on striping, pavement marking, street and intersection capacity, parking, signing, traffic surveys, traffic safety or traffic control work zones.
- Transportation plan review of subdivision maps, state highway plans, environmental impact reports, community plans, public improvement plans, or other plans or documents.
- Travel forecasting and transportation and mobility planning analyses which include network analysis and utilizes transportation planning software (e.g., TRANPLAN/TRANSCAD or equivalent transportation modeling software, HCS, SYNCHRO), in order to analyze future transportation system needs.
- Traffic signal or street light planning, design, operations, and inspections, including signal timing diagrams and schedules.
LICENSE: A valid California Class C Driver License may be required at the time of hire.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS (MUST SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION):
- Proof of degree/transcripts, certificate or registration, if utilized to meet the minimum requirements.
Required documents should be attached electronically to your application. If you are unable to attach at the time of application submittal, you must submit them as soon as possible via fax: (619) 533-3337; or to the Employment Information Center: City of San Diego Personnel Department, 1200 Third Avenue – Suite 300, San Diego, CA 92101. Include your name and the title of the position for which you are applying.
Apply at: http://www.sandiego.gov/empopp
Join one of ZweigWhite’s “Best Firms to Work For” 2014. DKS Associates is a growing national, employee-owned specialty transportation engineering consultancy. We offer great potential for growth & the opportunity to work on challenging, cutting-edge traffic operations and transportation planning projects. We provide a generous compensation package, including competitive salary, annual bonus, 401(k)/profit sharing and participation in the DKS Employee Stock Ownership Plan. Additionally, DKS offers an excellent benefits package with a choice of medical plans, dental, life, and disability.
Candidates will perform technical engineering work, supporting management of projects and helping lead a team of engineers focused on delivering high quality transportation projects. The candidate selected will have strong experience in traffic operations and/or traffic engineering design. Desired traffic operations experience includes traffic operational analysis using Vissim and/or Synchro, traffic signal coordination, traffic signal controller programming, and corridor studies. Desired traffic engineering design experience includes traffic signal design, illumination design, and ITS design.
- The candidate shall have a BS in Civil Engineering with an emphasis in Transportation Engineering.
- 5-10 years of experience in transportation engineering including operational analysis of arterial networks and traffic engineering design,
- Knowledge of Highway Capacity Manual methodologies and Manual of Uniform Traffic Control Devices requirements,
- Experience in the preparation of ITS, communications design, and traffic engineering PS&E packages for approvals,
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
- Working knowledge of industry practices and regulations.
- Masters Degree specializing in transportation engineering,
- E. in Civil or Electrical Engineering,
- Experience with design/implementation of signal systems, field equipment and development of signal timing plans,
- Experience with client meetings, public meetings, proposals and project management,
- Consulting and business development experience.
Apply at: firstname.lastname@example.org
DKS Associates is a growing, employee-owned specialty transportation planning and engineering consulting firm. Join a leading transportation firm that values your expertise and rewards your accomplishments. Named as one of the “Best Firms to Work For” by ZweigWhite, with eight offices across the U.S. we are continuing to grow. Our transportation efforts result in projects that enrich communities.
We are seeking individuals with the range of expertise to carry on and expand our successful legacy of transportation planning and engineering. We look for candidates who want to be viewed as experts the various aspects of transportation and have a passion to be a leader in the field. We provide significant growth potential and the opportunity to work on challenging, cutting-edge traffic operations and transportation planning projects.
- Office Manager – Sacramento, CA
- Traffic Operations/Traffic Engineer (mid-senior) – Tampa, FL
- Active Transportation Practice Leader – California, Oregon or Washington
- Traffic Operations/Traffic Engineer (mid-senior) – Oakland, CA or Seattle, WA
- Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) Engineers (entry level associate AND mid-senior level) – Portland, OR
- Associate Transportation Engineer (entry level) – Portland, OR
- Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) Intern – Portland, OR
- Transportation Engineer Intern – Portland, OR
For detailed information about current openings, visit us at: www.dksassociates.com/careers