ITE WESTERN DISTRICT
Updated: April 16, 2014
Click HERE to learn about posting a career opportunity.
Click on the links below to see a full description and learn how to apply!
- Civil Engineer I (Traffic Engineer) – Island County Public Works – Coupeville, WA
- Southern California Practice Builder – Transpo Group – Southern California
- Mid to Senior Transportation Engineer/Planner – Kittleson & Associations – Various Locations
- Traffic Engineer – DKS Associates – Santa Ana and Sacramento, CA
- City Traffic Engineer – City of Riverside – Riverside, CA
- Traffic Engineering Administrator - City of Farmington – Farmington, NM
- Assistant/Associate Planner – Puget Sound Regional Council – Seattle, WA
Island County Public Works (Coupeville) has a Full-Time opening. Responsible for traffic engineering, maintaining traffic related records, administering Transportation Concurrency ordinance, providing input during development review process and conducting annual road reviews. Degree in Civil Engineering required emphasis in Traffic Engineering is desirable.
Closes 4/30/14. Island County Application required for application and info www.islandcounty.net or call (360) 678-7919. EOE
Transpo Group (transpogroup.com) is seeking an energetic, self-starter who is looking for an opportunity to get in on the “ground floor “of a CA practice that is poised to grow. This is an excellent opportunity to contribute to the vision and strategy of Transpo Group to make it happen.
The successful candidate will be responsible for business development activities, identifying leads and opportunities, pre-marketing for upcoming projects, developing innovative pursuit strategies, writing proposals, preparing scopes of work and fee estimates, making presentations to clients, conducting interviews and negotiating contracts with major transportation clients.
This individual will provide leadership, direction and guidance to staff and will be responsible for achieving business growth, quality, client satisfaction, and project profitability goals and objectives for the Southern CA market. They will work with firm leaders to help develop and implement Transpo’s strategic direction for growth in CA.
Required Qualifications: Minimum of 12 years experience
- Must have lived and worked in the So. CA market with a strong base of client relationships. No out of area candidates will be considered
- Bachelors (Masters preferred) in engineering or related field
- Strong technical expertise in either ITS, Transportation Planning or Traffic Engineering (a background in transit or tolling is a plus)
- P.E registration in CA is desirable
- Proven track record of winning and delivering work
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Self starter who has a passion for building a practice with a high level of customer satisfaction
If you are a high impact achiever who wants to be part of a winning team, Transpo Group wants to hear from you! Please submit your resume to transpogroup.com, the career page or apply directly to this hyperlink:
Kittelson & Associates, Inc. has an immediate opening for a mid- to senior-level transportation engineer/planner in our Tucson, Phoenix, Sacramento, Oakland, and Anchorage offices. We are looking for a talented, energetic transportation professional to complement our existing team and to help us continue to build a west coast consulting practice.
As a member of our team, you would be expected to perform the following essential tasks:
- Serve as a project manager on major transportation planning and engineering projects.
- Arrange, prepare, and conduct meetings/coordination with major clients such as State DOTs, MPOs, and local governments, as well as key project stakeholders.
- Conduct high level engineering/planning and programming analysis work including preparation of technical documents and reports.
- Create and implement business development strategies, expanding, and managing client relations. Facilitate, manage, and lead major marketing pursuits and initiatives.
- Be a leader in the firm and the transportation community by mentoring others.
- Implement quality control and quality assurance procedures at project and task levels.
- Must have professional registration/certification (PE or AICP) or the ability to obtain registration within one year.
- Must have at least ten years of past experience in transportation engineering/planning profession, including marketing, client management, generating proposals, fee negotiations, project planning, effective communications, managing budgets, and leading multi-disciplinary teams on transportation projects for various clients and governmental agencies.
- Must have a strong desire to mentor staff in a highly collaborative environment.
- Kittelson & Associates, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and provides an excellent benefit package. Starting salary will be dependent on experience and qualifications.
Interested candidates should access the following link to submit their information:
DKS Associates provides employees with professional growth through work on challenging, cutting-edge traffic operations and planning projects. We offer a generous compensation including competitive salary, annual bonus, 401(k) and participation our ESOP. DKS also offers excellent benefits with a choice of medical plans, dental, life and disability.
The successful candidate will perform technical engineering work, manage projects & lead a team of engineers on traffic operations studies, signal timing projects, transportation planning projects such as corridor studies, operational analysis studies, & traffic impact studies. You will develop and analyze traffic models; analyze traffic capacity; apply travel demand model theory; and create traffic simulations with VISSIM, Synchro and Vistro. You must have the ability, initiative and drive to pursue projects through proposal preparation, marketing for new projects & be comfortable in making client and interview presentations.
- BS in Civil Engineering or similar.
- 5-10 years in transportation engineering with analysis of arterial networks, signal timing and freeway corridors using simulation packages.
- Experience in the preparation of ITS, communications design, and traffic engineering PS&E packages for approvals.
- Knowledge of Highway Capacity Manual methodologies and Caltrans Project Development Procedures.
- Experience with client meetings, public meetings, proposals and project management
- Masters Degree specializing in transportation engineering
- P.E. in Civil and/or Traffic Engineering, P.T.O.E.
- Consulting and Business Development experience
Reply to: firstname.lastname@example.org
City of Riverside
City Traffic Engineer
SALARY: $8,057.00 – $11,901.00 Monthly
CLOSING DATE: 3/24/14 11:59 PM
Under general direction, to plan, assign, direct, participate and review the activities of the Traffic Engineering Division; to perform statutory duties of Traffic Engineer; to provide professional and technical staff assistance; and to do related work as required.
Education: Equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in civil, mechanical or electrical engineering, including or supplemented by special study in traffic engineering.
Experience: Five years of experience in traffic engineering including some supervisory experience.
Necessary Special Requirements:
- Possession of an appropriate, valid class “C” California Motor Vehicle Operator’s License.
- Possession of a Traffic Engineering License or Civil Engineering License issued by the State of California
Highly Desired Qualifications
- Experience with/knowledge of complete streets.
- Experience with and successful history of obtaining grants.
- Experience with traffic signal coordination, communication systems, and other intelligent transportation system strategies.
- Experience with parking management strategies and parking enforcement.
- Experience staffing a Council Appointed Advisory Board or Commission.
- Experience with creative solutions to traffic concerns.
Applications may be filed online at http://www.riversideca.gov/
The City of Farmington in Farmington, New Mexico is seeking a Traffic Engineer who will be responsible for the day-to-day operations, activities, and procedures with the City of Farmington’s Traffic Division. Farmington is located in the nation’s “Four Corners” region. Situated at the convergence of the San Juan, Animas, and La Plata Rivers, Farmington is the largest city in the Four Corners with a population of over 45,000.
The successful candidate must possess a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Transportation/Traffic or Civil Engineering. Registration as a Professional Engineer is required with the ability to become registered in the State of New Mexico within one year. Registration as a Professional Traffic Operations Engineer (PTOE) desired. Six years related experience and/or training in Transportation Engineering preferred. The pay range for this position falls within $62,700 – $95,574. Please visit our website at www.fmtn.org to learn more about our organization or visit www.cofjobs.com to find more information concerning this specific job opening. Applications will be accepted “Until Filled.” For more information, call 505-599-1131 or email email@example.com.
The position will provide assistance and support of the strategy development of the update of the long range transportation plan, Transportation 2040. A qualified applicant for this position will have experience with utilizing transportation and socioeconomic data sets.
Please see our job announcement at www.psrc.org. PSRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.