ITE WESTERN DISTRICT
Engineering Career Opportunities
Updated: January 28, 2015
Click on the links below to see a full description and learn how to apply!
- Western Regional Sales Manager – Pexco – Northern California or Tacoma, Washington
- Engineering Project Manager – Traffic – City of Hillsboro – Hillsboro, OR
- Parking Manager (Transportation) – City of Pasadena – Pasadena, CA
- Professional Engineer I – Traffic Operations – Colorado Department of Transportation – Denver, CO
- Public Works Supervisor II – Traffic Signals – Snohomish County – Everett, WA
- Associate Engineer – Traffic – City of San Diego – San Diego, CA
- Traffic Operations/Traffic Engineer – DKS Associates – Seattle, WA
- Transportation Planning and Traffic Engineering Openings – DKS Associates – Various
- Senior Transportation Planner/Engineer – City of Carlsbad – Carlsbad, CA
- Transportation Engineer II – Arizona Department of Transportation (ADOT) – Phoenix, AZ
- Assistant Engineer – City of Riverside – Riverside, CA
- Practice Leader – Active Transportation – DKS Associates – California, Oregon or Washington
- Transportation Engineer/Planner – Kimley-Horn – San Jose, CA
Job Title: Western Regional Sales Manager
Location: Northern California or Tacoma, Washington
Scope of the Role: The Western Regional Sales Manager will be responsible for selling and promoting Traffic Control products in a defined territory in Western United States. This position reports to the Vice President of Sales.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for outside sales and new business development throughout the West Coast of the United States
- Manage sales in the assigned territory including frequent sales calls to major transportation agencies, major accounts and private engineering firms
- Maintain interaction with existing distributors, specifying engineers in both public and private agencies, key end-users, and prospects to ensure maximum sales growth
- Conduct sales presentations to customers to train their sales staff thus leveraging their effectiveness in expanding sales of our product line
- Conduct sales presentations to DOT engineers and private engineering firms to drive specification of our products in future projects
- Manage independent sales representatives, if any are assigned to the territory
- Manage Sales Forecast and Key Account strategies for the assigned territory
- Analyze existing and potential customer requirements, promoting current products and identifying new products to meet those requirements
- Collaborate with internal resources to provide customer support, including product demonstration, trade show participation, customer training, product installation, new product approvals and after-sales technical assistance
- Provide input to sales strategies, forecasts, campaigns, business plans, budgets and new product development
- Communicate frequently with internal sales team, including VP of Sales and Customer Service Representatives, on all aspects of sales and customer support
- Remain informed regarding competitor activities and products
- Maintain up-to-date and accurate sales and customer records
Key Skills and Attributes
- 5 years’ experience in sales required with a strong technical background desirable
- Experience in selling and managing traffic control or other technical products a plus
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- High technical aptitude and proficiency with computers, including MS Office suite
- Background in traffic control, public works or civil engineering a plus
- BA/BS in business administration, engineering, or related field preferred
- Excellent verbal, written and communication skills especially technical writing skills
- Ability to interface with employees at all levels of the company
- Ability to work independently and travel approximately 75% of time
Please send resumes to Dick Peterson at firstname.lastname@example.org
Before January 30, 2015
Closing Date/Time: Fri. 02/13/15 5:00 PM Pacific Time
Salary: $34.70 – $45.66 Hourly
6,014.00 – $7,915.00 Monthly
$72,168.00 – $94,980.00 Annually
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Civic Center, 150 E Main Street Hillsboro OR 97123, Oregon
Starting pay: $6014 to $7317 per month, (depending on qualifications), plus benefits.
This position will oversee and manage the day-to-day operations for the Traffic Engineering Section of the Public Works Department. The Traffic Project Manager is responsible for planning, coordination, implementation, and review of improvements related to the installation, construction, and/or operation of traffic signals, signs, markings, and roadway lighting for both City initiated capital and development improvements.
The principal function of an employee in this class is to oversee, manage, and direct the Traffic Engineering Section, its resources and personnel in the planning, design, coordination, implementation, and review of improvements related to the installation, construction, and/or operation of traffic signals, signs, markings, and roadway lighting on city managed facilities. Responsibilities include managing, coordinating, implementing and/or monitoring projects including the review of capital improvement and development plans and specifications; development of construction standards and procedures; and inventory and assessment of public traffic infrastructure assets. This position will require coordination with consultants, contractors and peer engineering, finance, and operation managers, project managers, coordinators, maintenance personnel, including collaboration with regional transportation partners and agencies, and, and interacting with the general public to address concerns related to traffic operations. The work is performed under the supervision and direction of an assigned supervisor, but considerable leeway is granted for the exercise of independent judgment and initiative. Supervision is exercised over assigned engineering support personnel. The nature of the work performed requires that an employee in this class establish and maintain effective working relationships with City and department personnel, construction and surveying crews, property owners, colleagues, co-workers, consultants, contractors, and the general public. The principal duties of this class are performed in a general office environment and in the field. This is an overtime exempt position.
Engineering Project Manager I – Traffic, Supplemental Questionnaire – Required.
General Statement of Duties, Benefits and Required Supplemental Questions can be found on the following link: http://www.hillsboro-oregon.gov/index.aspx?page=129
The City of Pasadena, Transportation Department is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Parking Manager. Under general direction, the Parking Manager administers the City’s off street parking, parking enforcement, parking citation process, parking meter operation and enforcement, zoning credit, and city owned parking facilities and maintenance programs; assists in the planning of future City owned parking facilities; develops and establishes new parking programs; provides staff support to City commissions and committees; performs related work as assigned.
Any combination of education and/or experience that has provided the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary for acceptable job performance, such as: bachelor’s degree in Public Administration, Business Administration or a related field and two years’ experience managing a comprehensive public parking or related program, or substantial experience in contract administration. Five years of supervisory experience is highly desirable.
Ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in Public Administration, Business Administration or a related field and two years’ experience managing a comprehensive public parking or related program, or substantial experience in contract administration. Five years of supervisory experience is highly desirable.
City of Pasadena, CA offers an excellent benefit package in addition to competitive salaries. This posting will close on Thursday, February 26, 2015 at 11:59 PM Pacific Time. Interested applicants should visit the City of Pasadena’s website at www.cityofpasadena.net for complete job information and online application. EOE
Come Join the CDOT Team
Job Location: 425C Corporate Circle, Golden Colorado 80401
To apply, please visit Colorado State Jobs Website: http://bit.ly/1tRAe3s
The Snohomish County Department of Public Works Transportation and Environmental Services Division (TES) is seeking a highly motivated, qualified supervisor to fill a key management position as Public Works Supervisor II-Traffic Signals in our Traffic Operations section.
This position will supervise the Traffic Signals group within the Department of Public Works Transportation and Environmental Services division. This position is responsible for providing direction, guidance and work assignments to ensure that electronic traffic control devices are operating efficiently to provide safe, efficient and reliable travel on county roads and streets. The Traffic Signal group is responsible for 180 traffic signals and 186 other devices such as school zone beacons, warning beacons, and speed feedback displays. The ideal candidate will have regular contact with citizens and other agencies.
The ideal candidate has extensive traffic operations and supervisory experience and is successful at supervising a group of highly skilled technical staff who review construction plans and provide operations and maintenance to electronic traffic control devices for the county and 11 client cities. The ability to work in a fast-paced environment, managing several projects with quickly changing priorities and providing superior services, is essential.
The Transportation and Environmental Services Traffic Operations group consists of four licensed electricians (EO1) and International Municipal Signal Association certified Traffic Signal Technicians/Electricians.
To view job description, minimum qualifications, and apply for this position, please visit: http://www.snohomishcountywa.gov/2553/Job-Listings to submit your application.
Associate Engineer – Traffic positions assign, review and evaluate the performance of Assistant Engineers and support staff; interpret traffic engineering data; conduct complex traffic studies; develop the transportation circulation/mobility element of community plans; coordinate with other departments, agencies, contractors and citizen groups; prepare and present technical reports to other agencies, community groups, or other groups; manage traffic improvement projects through design and construction; and perform other duties as assigned.
- Associate Engineer – Traffic employees with valid State of California registration as a Professional Traffic, Civil or Electrical Engineer are eligible for 15% additional pay.
You must meet the following requirements on the date you apply, unless otherwise indicated.
EDUCATION: You must meet ONE of the following options:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Traffic, Civil or Electrical Engineering, or a closely related engineering field.
- Engineer-in-Training (EIT) Certificate issued from a state licensing board.
- Registration as a Professional Traffic, Civil or Electrical Engineer with a state licensing board.
- Additional qualifying professional traffic, civil or electrical engineering experience may be substituted for education lacked on a year-for-year basis. One year of full-time experience = 30 semester/45 quarter college level units.
- Completion of 30 semester/45 quarter units of graduate study in transportation-related course work may be substituted for a MAXIMUM of one year of full-time professional traffic engineering or transportation planning experience.
EXPERIENCE: Three years of full-time professional traffic engineer or transportation planning experience which MUST include one year of full-time professional journey-level experience at a level equivalent to an Assistant Engineer – Traffic with the City of San Diego (a position that produces travel forecasts, performs traffic accident analyses, field surveys, and studies of statistical data; recommends changes to striping, pavement markings, signage, and parking to facilitate safe and efficient traffic flow).
- Qualifying professional experience MUST include at least one of the following options:
- Conducting traffic engineering analyses, preparing reports, or reviewing plans on striping, pavement marking, street and intersection capacity, parking, signing, traffic surveys, traffic safety or traffic control work zones.
- Transportation plan review of subdivision maps, state highway plans, environmental impact reports, community plans, public improvement plans, or other plans or documents.
- Travel forecasting and transportation and mobility planning analyses which include network analysis and utilizes transportation planning software (e.g., TRANPLAN/TRANSCAD or equivalent transportation modeling software, HCS, SYNCHRO), in order to analyze future transportation system needs.
- Traffic signal or street light planning, design, operations, and inspections, including signal timing diagrams and schedules.
LICENSE: A valid California Class C Driver License may be required at the time of hire.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS (MUST SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION):
- Proof of degree/transcripts, certificate or registration, if utilized to meet the minimum requirements.
Required documents should be attached electronically to your application. If you are unable to attach at the time of application submittal, you must submit them as soon as possible via fax: (619) 533-3337; or to the Employment Information Center: City of San Diego Personnel Department, 1200 Third Avenue – Suite 300, San Diego, CA 92101. Include your name and the title of the position for which you are applying.
Apply at: http://www.sandiego.gov/empopp
Join one of ZweigWhite’s “Best Firms to Work For” 2014. DKS Associates is a growing national, employee-owned specialty transportation engineering consultancy. We offer great potential for growth & the opportunity to work on challenging, cutting-edge traffic operations and transportation planning projects. We provide a generous compensation package, including competitive salary, annual bonus, 401(k)/profit sharing and participation in the DKS Employee Stock Ownership Plan. Additionally, DKS offers an excellent benefits package with a choice of medical plans, dental, life, and disability.
Candidates will perform technical engineering work, supporting management of projects and helping lead a team of engineers focused on delivering high quality transportation projects. The candidate selected will have strong experience in traffic operations and/or traffic engineering design. Desired traffic operations experience includes traffic operational analysis using Vissim and/or Synchro, traffic signal coordination, traffic signal controller programming, and corridor studies. Desired traffic engineering design experience includes traffic signal design, illumination design, and ITS design.
- The candidate shall have a BS in Civil Engineering with an emphasis in Transportation Engineering.
- 5-10 years of experience in transportation engineering including operational analysis of arterial networks and traffic engineering design,
- Knowledge of Highway Capacity Manual methodologies and Manual of Uniform Traffic Control Devices requirements,
- Experience in the preparation of ITS, communications design, and traffic engineering PS&E packages for approvals,
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
- Working knowledge of industry practices and regulations.
- Masters Degree specializing in transportation engineering,
- E. in Civil or Electrical Engineering,
- Experience with design/implementation of signal systems, field equipment and development of signal timing plans,
- Experience with client meetings, public meetings, proposals and project management,
- Consulting and business development experience.
Apply at: email@example.com
DKS Associates is a growing, employee-owned specialty transportation planning and engineering consulting firm. Join a leading transportation firm that values your expertise and rewards your accomplishments. Named as one of the “Best Firms to Work For” by ZweigWhite, with eight offices across the U.S. we are continuing to grow. Our transportation efforts result in projects that enrich communities.
We are seeking individuals with the range of expertise to carry on and expand our successful legacy of transportation planning and engineering. We look for candidates who want to be viewed as experts the various aspects of transportation and have a passion to be a leader in the field. We provide significant growth potential and the opportunity to work on challenging, cutting-edge traffic operations and transportation planning projects.
- Office Manager – Sacramento, CA
- Traffic Operations/Traffic Engineer (mid-senior) – Tampa, FL
- Active Transportation Practice Leader – California, Oregon or Washington
- Traffic Operations/Traffic Engineer (mid-senior) – Oakland, CA or Seattle, WA
- Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) Engineers (entry level associate AND mid-senior level) – Portland, OR
- Associate Transportation Engineer (entry level) – Portland, OR
- Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) Intern – Portland, OR
- Transportation Engineer Intern – Portland, OR
For detailed information about current openings, visit us at: www.dksassociates.com/careers
The successful candidate will be tasked in creating bridges between departments to maximize efficiencies, streamline processes and lead efforts to implement General Plan Mobility Element policies and complete/livable streets concepts.
The City of Carlsbad is looking for a candidate who will lead staff for transportation planning activities and assist the City Traffic Engineer in the administration of all transportation planning for the City as well as develop, maintain, and promote the City’s General Plan Mobility Element. The individual will consult on contract administration, as well as manage programs such as complete & livable streets, Travel Demand Management (TDM), and coastal corridor projects. The ideal candidate understands that transportation standards and practices are changing to incorporate the multimodal needs of communities and its residents.
This management position requires a professional with exceptional communication skills in both group discussions and written documents and represents the first management level in the Public Works Department. This position includes considerable independence in selecting work methods and is expected to develop new procedures and methods to solve problems. The Senior Transportation Planner/Engineer will be an advocate for active transportation projects and provide direction for future transportation services while also identifying and securing funding sources.
Education & Experience:
A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a related field such as transportation planning, traffic engineering, urban planning, business administration. Additional coursework in Public Administration is desirable.
Four years of progressively responsible professional work experience in transportation planning, traffic engineering, communications or other related business experience.
To learn more or to apply, visit our website at: http://www.carlsbadca.gov
Looking for a Career?
Come Join Our ADOT Team
STRATEGIC HIGHWAY SAFETY PLAN MANAGER (Transportation Engineer 2)
(JOB ID 12721)
1615 W. Jackson St. Phoenix, Arizona
NOTE: For more detailed information and to apply online, go to Arizona’s State Jobs website www.azstatejobs.gov
SALARY: $5,349.00 – $6,502.00 Monthly
CLOSING DATE: 01/11/15 11:59 PM
The salary that is posted for this recruitment is for any applicant deemed a new member under the Public Employee Pension Reform Act of 2013. For all others, please reference the City’s salary schedule.
Under general supervision, to perform supervisory and/or professional municipal engineering work in the design, investigation and construction of public works improvement projects; and to do related work as required. As incumbents progress through this job series, projects become considerably more technically demanding and may involve direct supervisory responsibilities and duties.
A Bachelor’s degree in civil or mechanical engineering from an accredited college or university, or a Bachelor’s degree in a closely related area from an accredited college or university and one year of experience performing professional engineering work.
Necessary Special Requirement
Possession of an appropriate, valid class “C” California Motor Vehicle Operator’s License.
The City of Riverside does not reimburse any expenses incurred as a result of this recruitment.
ALL INTERESTED APPLICANTS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY AT: www.riversideca.gov/jobs
With eight offices across the U.S., DKS Associates is a growing, employee-owned transportation planning and engineering consulting firm.
We are seeking an experienced individual with the expertise to expand our legacy of active transportation planning and engineering. The ideal candidate will be an expert in non-motorized transportation (cycling, pedestrian, trail, complete streets and multi-modal/multi-use) with a passion to lead the field.
We provide professional growth potential and the opportunity to work on challenging, cutting-edge traffic operations and transportation planning projects. You will be rewarded with a generous compensation package that includes competitive salary, annual bonus program, profit sharing/401(k) plan, and ESOP participation. Our excellent comprehensive benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, life and disability plans.
- Develop and expand client and partner relationships to secure active transportation project revenue in support our Strategic Plan.
- Collaborate across geographic/discipline boundaries to meet clients’ needs.
- Enhance DKS’ position in the marketplace as the consultant of choice by educating clients and creating innovative solutions that meet their operational needs.
- Manage complex projects to completion on time, on budget.
- Degree in Civil Engineering or Planning, Master’s desirable.
- Ten years of experience in consulting or agency environment in transportation engineering and/or planning with three plus years PM experience and three plus years managing staff.
- Professional licensing (PE, PTOE) or certification (AICP) as applicable to experience.
- Experience in the application of traffic engineering and/or transportation planning to active transportation.
- Demonstrated experience preparing design plans or studies and a strong understanding of project management principles and techniques.
- Initiative and ability to identify and capitalize on market opportunities.
- Experience writing and delivering white papers and/or making expert level presentations at professional conferences.
APPLY AT: www.dksassociates.com/careers
Kimley-Horn is Growing! Join one of Fortune’s “100 Best Companies to Work for in America!” We are one of the nation’s most comprehensive and best respected engineering and land planning firms. With over 2,000 employees in more than 60 offices across the country, we offer full services in a wide range of disciplines. Our office in San Jose, CA is seeking a motivated transportation professional to join our team! This individual will contribute to the production and delivery of transportation tasks and projects. Various tasks may include developing traffic impact studies, traffic control plans, signage and striping, and other traffic/transportation related duties.
- At least 4 years of transportation engineering experience
- Proficiency in Synchro, Vissim, Traffix, SketchUp, Sidra and GIS
- Technical skills in transportation planning
- Experience and confidence communicating and working with clients
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Outgoing, self-motivated team player
- Ability to work with and balance priorities among multiple projects and project managers, as well as providing direction to entry-level EITs
We offer excellent benefits, career growth opportunities and a dynamic, fun culture! Visit our website for more exciting information: http://www.kimley-horn.com/join-our-team
Contact Shawn Christian for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kimley-Horn is an Equal Opportunity Employer